34

Zayns POV:

I left Louis in his nursery for his nap, he was so exhausted he'd gone down straight away.

I couldn't hold back my grin after I left, his absolutely adorable face and the little noises he made when he was falling asleep. He may not have wanted to be a little, but I knew he'd fall into the routine well after a couple of days. He already seemed relaxed around us, and more accepting of his new lifestyle.

I decided to tidy up a bit while the others were out, get a few things ready for after Louis' nap.

I came across a pack of dummies in the drawer, and thought about bringing them out for him to use. We were trying to introduce new things to him steadily, but he'd already done a lot today and I didn't want to freak him out by forcing a pacifier on him.

I took one out and left it on top of the coffee table, so he'd be able to see it, but I wouldn't say anything unless of course he mentioned it. At least it would get him used to the idea first.

I checked my phone a bit later on, seeing a message in the group chat from Harry,

'Hey Z, it's an absolute mess this meeting, we've had to call in a lawyer. Looks like we'll be another couple hours, tell Lou we miss him. H x'.

I sighed seeing the message, it wasn't that I didn't like being alone with Louis, but it was important we were all here for him, especially in the first few weeks.

There wasn't much I could do, so I messaged him, asking him to keep me informed, and wishing them all luck, before heading off to the kitchen. I could at least prep dinner, they'd be in no mood to cook when they got in, and would obviously want to spend time with Louis.

Bringing the baby monitor with me, I started getting the pans out - I was absolute crap in the kitchen but could make a pretty good stir fry.

After I'd finished prepping everything and cleaning up, it was almost half three, and definitely time to wake Louis up from his nap.

Unsurprisingly, there'd been no noises from the monitor, and I was glad he wasn't having any issues sleeping, he could definitely do with it.

I slowly walked into Louis' room, turning off the nightlight and opening the curtains again.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw him. His hair all stuck up, his hands tangled in the blanket and his lips ever so slightly parted.

I let down the side of the crib and kneeled down in front of him, smoothing the hair from his face.

"Louis darling, wake up love".

He made the most adorable faces as he started to wake up, his eyes fluttering and his little button nose crinkling slightly before he yawned.

"Hey sweetie, did u have a nice nap?" I asked quietly, holding in a fond smile as he tried to wake himself up.

I cooed when he stretched his arms slightly, his closed fists rubbing his eyes tiredly.

I gave him a couple more minutes, then reached out to pick him up.

As I hooked an arm underneath his legs, and one behind his back he gasped and violently moved away from me, throwing himself backwards into the crib. Luckily I'd barely lifted him out of the crib, so I was pretty sure he wasn't hurt.

"Never do that again Louis you could have seriously hurt yourself!" I scolded, immediately feeling bad when I saw that he was silently crying and had curled into the corner.

"I'm not mad baby I'm sorry, you just scared me." I told him, reaching out gently for him only for him to press further backward against the crib.

"What's wrong darling?" I asked, he'd been completely fine until I'd gone to pick him up. I couldn't work out what was wrong with him - he wasn't hurt and he couldn't have had a nightmare or he'd have been upset from the second he woke up.

He only shook his head and cried harder though, as I tried to think of what I could do.

"Don't cry darling, you know I'm not mad right, and I won't hurt you, I promise." I pleaded with him to tell me what was wrong, but after a couple of minutes of my unsuccessful talking, and Louis not calming down, I decided to just go for it and pick him up. Surely he'd calm down when he could see I wouldn't hurt him, if that was even the issue.

He sobbed loudly as I picked him up, shaking his head frantically.

"Baby what's with all the tears hmm?"

I managed to lift him out of the crib, and gently placed him on my hip.

It was then I realised the problem, he'd used his nappy in his sleep.

I wasn't surprised he was crying this hard, it must have been so overwhelming for him to realise he'd gone in his sleep.

While this was progress, I knew I couldn't do anything until I calmed him down, so I focused on bouncing him slightly and rubbing his back, hoping he'd relax slightly before I tried to change him.