35

Zayn's POV:

"Oh darling you're going to cry yourself sick." I fussed over him, desperate for him to calm down.

A couple minutes later of me just walking round with him he was reduced to just sniffles, and I decided it was time to change his nappy.

I went to put him on the table but he clung to me, looking at me pleadingly with his teary eyes, absolutely breaking my heart.

"Baby I promise I'll cuddle you straight after okay?" I told him, prising him off me as I undid his onesie.

I tried my best to ignore his whimpers as I changed him, carrying on talking to him to help distract him.

"What do you think Lou, can watch a nice movie, and I'm sure the others will want to watch when they get back. Harry messaged me a little bit okay and said how much they all miss you already!"

I rambled on for a couple more minutes before taping his new nappy snugly on his hips and helping him into a new onesie.

He reached out for me as soon as I'd finished, and I easily picked him up. He was clinging to me the entire way down the stairs and I was starting to get a little worried, he was never usually this clingy, and he still hadn't spoken.

I obviously knew he was still a bit upset, but his behaviour was concerning me to say the least.

"Want to cuddle for a little bit baby, then we can play yeah?" I cooed, sitting down on the couch with him as he snuggled into my side.

I kissed the top of his head and ruffled his hair, turning the TV on quietly for him.

After a couple of minutes he seemed a little less on edge, and I hugged him gently before gently placing him on the floor.

"What do you wanna play with babe, we've got cars, bricks, some colouring books and a couple board games! What do you fancy love?". I asked him enthusiastically, trying to get a reaction out of him.

He shrugged, clearly expecting me just to pick something but I waited a little while, holding out the options to him.

After asking him again, he frowned and shrugged, but then hesitantly pointed to the superhero colouring book I'd held out.

"Good choice Lou!" I praised him, grabbing the tub of felt tips and the stack of colouring books, placing them on the coffee table in front of him.

Sliding down next to him, my back against the couch, I placed my arm round him gently, hoping it would comfort him a little bit.

He seemed quite content colouring, finishing a couple of random drawings and switching to a Disney colouring book after a little while.

I made sure to praise him as much as I could, and tried to involve him in a conversation but he only nodded or shook his head, still unwilling to talk to me.

There wasn't much I could do, I was sure he was just embarrassed, and would hopefully soon perk up, especially when the others got home.