52

"I'll get it!" Zayn offered, immediately standing up, heading up to the nursery to fetch Louis.

He'd been asleep for about an hour, and they'd just heard a bit of movement through the monitor.

While Louis had been sleeping, the boys had brought through the tree, standing it up in the corner of the living room, and getting out all the decs.

They hadn't started putting anything out yet, wanting Louis to enjoy the full experience, but had started on the tricky bits, like the lights, and the hooks for the baubles. The jobs that a little Louis might struggle with.

Zayn brought him down a couple of minutes later, Louis' pacifier bobbing between his grinning lips, and his hair all ruffled up from his nap.

He beamed when he saw the rest of his daddies, and saw the tree that had finally been put up.

He wriggled to get down, and was quickly wrapped in a hug by Harry, who pecked his cheeks and the top of his nose, the way that always made him laugh, this time no exception.

Louis gave another big smile around his pacifier, before yawning which made it fall out. Liam chuckled, picking it up ready to be washed later, and ruffled Louis' already messy hair.

"So, seeing as you're so fascinated by the tree! How about you give your daddies a hand decorating it?" Liam asked, making Louis squeal in excitement.

"Alright, stations lads!"

"Niall, you're on eggnog, milk and coffee duty, Zayn you're on tinsel, and me, Harry and Lou are for baubles!" Liam declared, opting for a very planned approach apparently.

"Every year Li!" Niall moaned, in exasperation. They all loved Liam, but his very structured, rigid approach to Christmas was kind of annoying.

It was most surprising he'd been convinced to put the tree up early, but anything where Louis was concerned and the boys became instant pushovers.

"Everything needs to be perfect for my baby!" Liam argued in response, effectively killing the argument, as everyone got to work.

Louis clung to Harry's side most of the time, having missed him and Zayn while they'd been out.

And it wasn't that Louis loved Harry any more or less than the others, but Zayn was very preoccupied with perfecting the positioning of the tinsel, Niall was fixing drinks and snacks, and Liam was sorting out old decorations still, and taking photos of his babies first Christmas.

And Harry was just the best at finding a perfect place for Louis' baubles too, reaching the taller bits Louis couldn't.

"Here baby, let me just wipe your hands!" Harry tried to stop Louis picking up another bauble. His hands were all sticky due to his newfound love for candycanes.

"Want this one!" Louis grinned, completely ignoring Harry's attempts to walk him into the bathroom to clean his hands, and grabbing a shiny pink bauble. He stared at his reflection in the glittery surface and giggled, enthralled by all the glitter which now covered his hands.

"Baby, let me just clean your hands and then we can carry on with baubles yeah?" Harry encouraged him to drop the bauble, a frown etching onto his face.

"But ..." Louis whimpered, looking towards the pile of decorations still waiting to go out.

"Okay, you can put on the pink one while I grab a wet wipe boo, just be careful walking with all this on the floor!" Harry told him. Zayn had nipped outside for a cigarette, Liam was in the attic looking for some santa hats, and Niall had run out to grab more milk from the shop.

Harry figured he'd be fine on his own for a couple of minutes, if that, while he grabbed a wipe.

It wasn't one of Harry's finest moments though, leaving an excited and distracted little alone in a room with breakable ornaments ...

AN: Cute little filler, and a triple update today, so make sure you read the others before this one!

Thanks for the prompt evesstories! It sort of starts at the end of this one and the start of the next!

Love seeing everyone's comments, keep them coming please!! And Merry Christmas guys :)