67

After a picture perfect Christmas, Boxing Day and the rest of the holiday season was spent pretty much the same way. A lot of relaxing, snacking, and cuddles with Louis! 

Louis' headspace was still fluctuating. He'd fallen out of it completely for a few days, but now seemed pretty secure in his headspace, with just his age seeming to change frequently. All the boys were concerned, but after several phone calls to the doctors' office, and a little specialist  therapist, they had concluded it was very common with littles that had suffered past traumatic abuse.

While they hated that trauma and abuse was now associated with their little Louis, the boys understood that Louis, more than most, needed comfort, reassurance, and patience. Which they were more than happy to provide!

Louis had been absolutely adorable lately, falling in to family life as if he'd lived their all along, even when out of headspace.

Nothing too eventful had happened after Christmas, aside from Louis starting to crawl around a lot more than usual. It showed how comfortable he now was around them, and he was much quicker to give hugs and kissies freely to his daddies. A change everybody was pretty happy with!

Louis was currently cuddled into Harry, content sucking on his dummy as Harry played with his soft hair. They'd just finished a game of peek a boo, a game so adorable Niall just had to record it, and now were settling down for a relaxing rainy movie day.

Louis wasn't really a fan of the rain, but they had plenty of ways to keep him occupied indoors!

The peek a boo had s2 i7 entertained Louis for longer than they thought it would, his giggles music to their ears.

Louis had been given heaps of gifts for his birthday and Christmas of corse, so lined up for the rainy day were colouring books, disney films, and lego. The perfect day!

"Daddy?" Louis squirmed around, trying to get Harry's attention again. He wriggled around until he was straddling Harry's thighs, his small legs making it fairly easy for him to move around.

Harry groaned as Louis kneed him in a ... fairly sensitive ... place, as he tried to get comfortable.

"Yes baby?"

"Bored daddy, play?" Louis asked cutely, his dummy falling out in the process which he pouted at.

Harry smiled and kissed his cheeks, to get rid of his baby's pout.

"Hmm well I don't know about that baby, have you been a good boy?"

"Yes pinky promise!" Louis told him seriously, shoving his pinky finger into Harry's face.

Louis laughed when Harry pretended to eat his finger, attempting to push Harry's face away.

"No daddy!" Louis shrieked, unable to get away due to Harry wrapping an arm around him.

"Daddy? Who's daddy? I'm the tickle monster!" Harry  roared in a gruff voice, before an onslaught of tickles attacked him.

Harry carried on, tickling his little feet, until he nearly fell off of his lap, and the couch. Harry picked up and carefully dropped him onto the couch, pinning him down as he squirmed around, desperate to escape his daddy.

Louis finally yelled out for mercy, panting to try to catch his breath, his cheeks bright red.

Harry grinned, letting the boy catch his breath for a few minutes.

"You okay baby?" Liam checked a bit later. He'd watched the two mess around, not wanting to interrupt their precious moment.

Louis had dropped into Liams lap once he'd finally recovered, making himself comfy with his colouring book as he started colouring in, perched on Liams knees.

Liam had asked the boy, concerned after his second coughing fit had left Louis sounding a little bit wheezy.

"Yeah daddy" Louis replied, happily enough, as he carried on with his picture of Sleeping Beauty, his current favourite princess.

"Okay sweetie. Let's take a break for a minute though, someone needs a quick change." Liam cooed, noting to keep an eye on Louis' cough. Not that they weren't all ridiculously overprotective normally though!

Surprisingly it wasn't a quick change though, with Louis fussing throughout the whole thing. Liam was surprised to find a slight rash, which he doused in rash cream, which was understandably a cause for Louis to wriggle around.

Louis seemed a lot less cooperative than usual though, with Liam having to raise the boys legs for him, and move him around a lot more than he usually would, Louis not wanting to do do himself. He'd also had to stop for another coughing fit, needing to help Louis sit up.

Niall had walked through, hearing all the commotion, and distracted Louis throughout the rest of his change. His eyes had gotten a little bigger and teary after his cough, and Niall just wanted to scoop him up, wrap him in a blanket and protect him from the world.

Which is exactly what he did after Liam had finished up!

He wrapped the boy in the blanket resting on the rocking chair, before peppering his face with kisses, trying to coax a smile out of the now slightly grumpy boy.

Niall carried him into the living room, and Louis instantly tried to get out of his blanket, taking his daddies hand and leading him over to his toybox in the corner of the room.

Niall happily obliged, shaking his head at the mess Louis created as he dragged everything out of his toybox, only to decide on a jigsaw. A jigsaw which hadn't even been in the toybox to start with!

The rest of the afternoon was spent with Louis and Niall finishing their jigsaw, in between bouts of colouring, a game of hide and seek, and a couple of stories, disney movies playing in the background.

Liam fussed over Louis most of that time though, worried about his little boy. He seemed happy enough in himself though, with a very pleasant afternoon spent with all of his daddies. Zayn having been running errands most of the morning, but returning mid afternoon to his favourite family.