23

"Yeah so we have a meeting with management tomorrow, for damage control." Zayn told Harry and Liam, having just gotten off of the phone.

"And by we, you mean?" Liam asked, already knowing the answer.

"All of us." Zayn muttered, frustrated that their management hadn't listened to him, as per usual.

"One of us can stay home with Louis then, and the others are going to have to explain. I don't like how rushed it is but there's not much we can do." Harry replied, already knowing how badly tomorrow's meeting would go.

"I guess at least if they know they might be a bit more lenient on interviews and promo for a while, as we get him settled." Liam suggested, making Zayn laugh at him.

"I was just trying to be positive alright, sit there and sulk if you really want." Liam teased, finishing serving the spaghetti bolognese he'd been making.

"You know what, I don't deserve these insults, I need a Louis hug after this!" Zayn declared, playing along with Liam, before walking into the living room to see Niall and Louis cuddled up on the sofa.

"Hey Lou, time for dinner!" Zayn cooed at his flushed cheeks and messy hair, picking him up from Niall.

Niall fake cried at this, demanding he be given Louis back, causing Louis to laugh quietly as Zayn pretended to run away with him.

Zayn placed Louis into the highchair, but frowned when he heard Louis whimper slightly, wriggling around.

"What's wrong lovey?"

"I don't like it, please can't I sit on a chair?" Louis begged, squirming around and reaching out for Zayn.

"You're fine baby, just sit there and we'll take care of you" Zayn promised, genuinely confused at why Louis was acting strangely.

What he didn't realise was that Louis was starting to, albeit slowly, slip into his headspace. Louis felt really sensitive after the supermarket, and his talk with Niall, making him crave being close to the boys who made him feel safer.

Zayn pulled his chair closer to Louis, putting his own plate on the table in front of him, and Louis' plastic plate on the tray of the highchair.

"Um thanks? But you didn't give me a fork or a spoon?" Louis told Zayn quietly, hoping the man had just forgotten.

"It's fine Lou, open up" Zayn told the boy, holding out a forkful of spaghetti near his mouth.

Louis shook his head, "I can feed myself." He told Zayn firmly.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you have to Lou, let us look after you." Harry soothed him.

Louis didn't know how they seemed to know exactly how to calm him down, and inevitably make him do what they wanted him to.

He looked around at their faces, seeing no judgement, no pressure, and nodded his head, parting his lips slightly.

Zayn smiled and started to feed him his dinner, getting no response other than the initial complaint. He alternated between feeding himself and Louis, grabbing a napkin to wipe Louis' face when he spilt a bit. Louis of course blushed at that, but Zayns calming smile soon relaxed him, and he quickly finished the rest of his dinner.