26

Louis calmed down pretty quickly, laying limp on Harry's chest. He was absolutely exhausted from the day - the whole supermarket fiasco and getting used to everything.

The boys hadn't pressured him too much, they seemed pretty chilled with letting him mainly do things at his own pace, which he was grateful for, though he knew that they would keep introducing new things to him. 

Zayn smiled at seeing the boy half asleep on Harry, walking over and picking him up carefully, getting him settled on the couch with Niall, ready for his bottle. 

Niall placed the boy between his legs, so he was laying back against his chest. Niall ran his fingers through his fringe soothingly, brushing his hair out of his eyes. Louis desperately needed a haircut, but that wasn't exactly a priority at the minute. He needed to get used to his new home before they took him to other places, they didn't want to overwhelm him - especially looking back at the supermarket incident. 

He did however have a doctors appointment booked for tomorrow morning. Liam had arranged an early morning, before their meeting with management which had been delayed until the early afternoon. 

Although Louis' eye was already almost healed, the bruising and swelling seeming to have gone right down, the boys knew he wouldn't have had a check up in at least two years. And so of course they wanted to make sure he was up to date with everything. They also wanted to check to see if he had any allergies or sensitivities - basically wanting to know his full medical history. 

Zayn had heated Louis' bottle fairly quickly, making sure it was the right temperature before he took it in to the living room to give to Niall.

Gradually, they would introduce a bedtime routine, consisting of a bath, bottle and a story. For now though, they were conscious of the amount of new things being introduced to him, and wanted to get him comfortable with the bottle first. After all, the aim was to get him relaxed for bed - not stress him out more!

Niall gratefully accepted the bottle from Zayn, carefully adjusting Louis so as not to startle him.

Louis eyed the bottle warily, and Niall was half worried he'd protest about it. Luckily he took it first time though, latching on and drinking slowly.

Niall carried on playing with the boys hair, humming quietly, and in no time Louis was fast asleep, the bottle only half finished.

Liam quickly took a photo, unable to resist from the adorable sight in front of him. They hadn't posted any photos of him online yet of course, knowing their management would take care of it.

Liam pocketed his phone before careful scooping the boy up, being careful not to jostle him too much as he carried him into the crib in his nursery.

Liam planted a kiss on his forehead before he left, tucking him in and turning on the nightlight for Louis. They didn't know if he was scared of the dark or not, but figured it was better not to risk it.