31

Louis was taken straight home after the doctors visit, much to his relief. The trip had exhausted him, from the stress associated with the doctors, to being taken out in public again as a little.

When they  did finally get home, Harry carried Louis into the living room and deposited him onto the couch. Harry had turned on an animated children's show, before leaving him sat on the couch with the strict instruction not to move off of the couch, and to shout if he needed anything. Louis was left alone in the living room, one of the only times he'd been alone since he'd gotten here, as the boys all left towards the kitchen, promising him they wouldn't take too long. 

Unbeknownst to Louis, there was a camera in the corner of the room, which the boys were watching him through whilst in the dining room via a monitor. It was a good solution, making Louis feel like they trusted him while they talked privately, but still being able to keep an eye on him.

"So they said we all have to be there?" Liam asked

"Yeah they literally rang us up again just to tell us we all had to be there." Niall replied.

"Well only three can go, just need to decide who's staying home with Lou." Harry replied.

After a couple of minutes of arguing, none of them being any closer as to deciding who would stay, they decided on rock paper scissors to determine who would stay. 

"Ha yes I win,  have fun with Modest!" Zayn cheered, grinning that not only did he get to spend quality time with Louis, but he also got to miss out on a much hated management meeting. 

Even if it was nearly Louis' nap time, and he'd probably be asleep most of the duration of the meeting, Zayn was really excited for the time they'd spend together. 

"It's already nearly noon guys, maybe we should just head off now yeah, let Z settle Lou for his nap? Don't want to confuse him if he wakes up expecting to see us." Liam suggested, Harry and Niall reluctantly agreeing. 

Zayn walked in to  the living room to sit with Louis as Liam, Niall and Harry got themselves ready, finding phones, jackets and Niall's car keys which he'd somehow managed to misplace again. 

After a couple of minutes, the boys were ready to say bye, walking in to see Louis curled into Zayn's side on the couch, tired already. Zayn had wrapped a fluffy blue blanket around him, and he was  clearly already trying not to fall asleep, based on his drooping eyes and cuddly position. They knew he would be tired after the doctors visit anyway, but were glad he would be unlikely to resist his naptime.   

Liam decided to save Zayn a job and heated up a bottle before he left, leaving it on the coffee table next to the couch, ready for when they left. Zayn smiled appreciatively at the gesture, wishing them luck. 

"Oh, you're going now?" Louis asked quietly. Zayn had told him the others had to nip out for a couple of hours whilst they'd gone to go get ready, and understandably Louis was feeling a mix of emotions. 

"Don't worry babe, we'll be back before you know it!" Liam assured the sleepy boy, giving him a warm departing hug, which Louis returned easily. 

Harry and Niall followed suit, kissing the top of his head and promising him they'd be back before they left reluctantly, leaving Zayn alone with Louis for  the first time.