Extra - Halloween Part 1

"Boo!"

Liam gasped, dramatically stumbling back a few steps, hand over his heart. "Louis you scared me so much!"

"I a pumpykim daddy!" Louis squealed, half running / half waddling towards Liam.

"Well you're a very scary pumpkin Lou!" Liam promised, wrapping his arms around the boy, and his costume.

They'd taken Louis to the Little store a few days prior, and he'd been stuck between the pumpkin and the witch costume. His daddies, always understanding, had obviously bought him both.

He was going as a witch for trick or treating, and had been wearing the pumpkin outfit the majority of the day.

"Uh huh, I already made daddy H go jumpy and he falleded into the sofa." Louis told Liam, the serious look on his face making Liam snort loudly at the thought.

"How about we have a late lunch, and then start on carving that pumpkin mister?" Liam asked, poking Louis in the side, making him giggle loudly.

"Okay daddy! Can ... Can I do my spooky colourer ins?" He asked excitedly, referring to the Halloween themed colouring books the guys had bought for him.

Seeing as they could, quite easily, afford to, they had decided to go pretty all out for the upcoming holidays, a chance to spoil Louis. This way he got the full Halloween experience, something he wouldn't have really had before.

Zayn and Niall had been in charge of decorations, buying a lot of cartoon Halloween themed decs, so as not to scare Louis. They'd gone with smiley pumpkin garlands, skulls, and inflatable ghosts. Louis' absolute favourite thing was the Halloween gonk, with it's long beard, floppy legs, and pointy patterned hat.

Liam grabbed one of the Halloween colouring books for Louis, and the tub of felt tips, to keep him entertained while he made lunch. They'd let Louis have a bit of a lie in today, knowing they wouldn't have time for a nap, and he'd be up quite late.

Louis thanked him, before dropping straight to the floor and excitedly flipping it open to his latest one, a drawing of a cat wearing a witches hat coming out of a pumpkin. The cat of course pink, and the pumpkin bright blue with yellow hair. Why Louis imagined a pumpkin with hair though, Liam wasn't too sure.

Liam smiled at the boys antics, ruffling his hair before he went to start on lunch, an easy bowl of soup with croutons. It was getting quite cold, and Louis loved soup anyway. The others should be back with the pumpkins by the time he'd finished eating, to help Louis carve his first pumpkin.

Liam cleaned up a little in the kitchen, getting all the carving tools they'd need ready. It gave Louis a bit of time to colour before lunch too.

Louis was placed in his high chair for a themed lunch of 'blood' - tomato soup - which was well received, and he polished his bowl, a first for him as it was usually a struggle to get to him to eat.

"Wow you did so well eating all your lunch sweetie!" Liam praised him after he'd finished eating.

"Sweeties?" Louis asked, looking behind Liam to where the bowl of candy was for the trick or treaters.

"Not yet little mr sweet tooth, I think you'll be having enough candy later on!" Liam laughed, whipping out a wet wipe to gently clean Louis face, before taking the bib off of him.

"What's this I hear about candy?" Niall asked, walking into the kitchen with a large pumpkin under his arm.

"Daddy it's bigger than me!" Louis squealed, wriggling around in his seat until Niall took him out.

It was a fairly large pumpkin, of course not bigger than Louis, but definitely larger than the pumpkin on his costume.

"Well that's because you're just our little itty bitty bug" Niall cooed, pinching his cheek as Louis shook his heard, squirming to get away.

By this point, Harry and Zayn had carted in the rest of the pumpkins, one for each of them to do.

They couldn't leave Louis to have all of the fun after all!

Louis was very happy to see the rest of his daddies. They hadn't been gone very long, only an hour or two, but it was quite clear Louis was developing a bit of separation anxiety when he was in his headspace. They were obviously working on it, and he was okay as long as it wasn't too long, it was just proving slightly difficult for the tour.

"How are you going to carve it Louis? A happy or a mean pumpkin?" Niall asked Louis after setting him down on the floor of the kitchen, next to one of the slightly smaller pumpkins.

"Happy daddy!"

Niall smiled, grabbing a sharpie as Louis started to draw a face on it. Niall put his hand on the outside of Louis', helping him guide it, so that he didn't just start scribbling on it. It would only upset him later on!

Zayn seemed to be going pretty much all out for his, even doing some intricate patterned swirls on the back of it, while Harry and Liam were doing bog standard triangle eyes, pointy teeth, frowny faces.

May the better pumpkin win!

AN:

So I doubt I'll have part 2 up tomorrow seeing as I'm working all day and haven't started it, but I'll give it a good shot!

This doesn't fit in with the plot of the story, obvs same characters, but I think we're in about May in the main story for book 2.

Just think of it as something I could have written last year to include in main book but never got round to! lol

Hope you enjoyed it anyways, though it is slightly random.

Thanks for reading :)