65

Harry and Niall had helped Louis open the presents in his stocking, when trying to see if he'd open it himself, he'd tried chewing on the corner, seemingly unable to open it himself.

Liam and Zayn had cuddled on the other side of the bed, Zayn drinking his coffee as he slowly tried to wake up, and Liam content with watching Louis spend time with Harry and Niall.

There weren't too many presents in the stocking, mainly chocolate and candy but Louis was thrilled, and it took nearly an hour to open everything with his daddies help.

Among all the sweets, Louis had been given some new bath toys, scented crayons and a few small tubs of play dough.

Louis had been given a bottle and burped about halfway through his stocking, and he seemed very happy with his presents so far!

Zayn had taken tons of photographs, wanting to savour their special day with him, posting one of Louis opening his playdough, though his face was hidden. They were planning a photo shoot in the next few days, to release a proper photo of him to the media, but had decided to wait, until after Christmas.

Liam and Harry broke off from the present opening when they'd nearly finished, to go prep the turkey and put it in the oven, as well as make more coffee!

They'd pretty much finished up in the kitchen when Niall carried Louis downstairs, Zayn following closely behind. They would have been done a lot sooner, had the mistletoe hung in the doorways not been a slight distraction!

"Hello precious boy! How happy do you look today?" Harry cooed, plucking Louis out of Niall's arms for a quick cuddle.

"Louis! Santa came, look he ate your cookies!" Zayn gasped dramatically, making Louis turn, and look around cutely.

Harry walked Louis over to the plate of cookies, where only a few crumbs were left. Louis smiled adorably, pointing to it before cuddling back into Harry.

"Santa must have loved your cookies Lou, look at all these presents he's given you!"

Harry smiled at Louis' little squeak as he was placed onto the floor, and kissed his chubby cheek. He looked the picture of health and happiness, a much needed improvement from when he'd first arrived.

The boys were shocked he'd stayed in his headspace despite the excitement of the day, but were fully enjoying spending the holiday with their little Lou, and with each other.

They all opened their presents together, sat on the couch and the floor around the tree. It looked absolutely perfect, with the fire place on, Louis in a Christmas movie and the others in festive jumpers. The Christmas music playing quietly on the radio and the lit candles gave a lovely atmosphere, and the warmth and happiness in the room was clear.

Louis' presents were opened first, and he'd been given more presents to match his little side. It took a while to get through everything, but Louis was thrilled with each and every present, clearly not used to all the attention he so desperately deserved.

It was difficult for the boys to get him to focus long enough to open a present! Distracted by something he'd already been given, by the crinkly paper, and by his daddies!

He loved all his presents though, especially the new fleece blankets, new dress up clothes and his tummy time toys - courtesy of Liam who had been convinced he'd have an exceptionally young headspace. And whilst he probably wouldn't use them much, they would come in useful when he was feeling very little, like today.

They took a fair few breaks, so by the time they'd finished it was nearing the middle of the day, and almost time for the roast dinner, which Liam and Harry had been preparing throughout the day.

Louis had gone another day without a nap, and the boys knew he'd probably go down after dinner and sleep straight through, which would give them time to open each others presents, and ring family and friends.

The dinner was pretty uneventful, Louis was very sleepy and had to be coaxed into eating his dinner. He managed about half of his dinner before they called it, knowing he wouldn't eat any more. With the headspace he was in though, it wasn't really surprising he wouldn't eat much.

AN:

Not really a fan of this one, but just wanted something posted!

Was going to try and finish the next part today but didn't have chance, so I'll try for tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for all your support and the comments, love reading every one!

Going to try start on prompts chapter after next, thanks for being so patient :)