57

"No daddy! Need a stripey for door!" Louis protested, as Liam started trying to line the door with jellybeans.

"A stripey?" Liam asked, thoroughly confused.

"Mmhmm stripey!" Louis agreed, grabbing his daddys hand and leading him over to the tree, pointing to a candy cane.

Liam retrieved a couple for him, seeing how hesitant he was around the tree, and placed the finishing touches on the gingerbread house, which, with Louis help looked absolutely amazing. And basically just a heap of sugar. But a very good effort!

"All done sweetie! Wow you did such a good job!" Liam praised him, kissing his head as he walked him over to the sink, ready to wash his hands.

They'd gotten more than a little messy during their cooking session!

"Well it's only a week or so now till Christmas Lou, do you want to pick out the best gingerbread men to keep, ready for Santa?"

After washing his hands, Louis agonised over picking the perfect few for Santa, after all it was a tough decision!

With Liams help they decided on two absolutely covered in sprinkles, to keep his energy up, and one with jellybeans for a face and stomach.

Liam placed said gingerbread men in a container, leaving them on the top of the fridge so they wouldn't be eaten by mistake. He knew how devastated Louis would be if that happened!

It was getting late by now, the tree decorating fiasco taking longer than they had expected, and it was already past Louis' bedtime.

He hadn't had any dinner, but he seemed to be quite reliant on bottles at the minute so that was okay, they'd just give him a bigger bottle of milk to tide him over until the morning.

"You ready to show your other daddies what a great job you did with the gingerbread house?" Liam asked, picking a very nice smelling Louis onto his hip.

Louis nodded, clinging onto Liam as he was carried into the living room where the others were waiting, finishing off some things they hadn't done earlier.

"Daddies come look" Louis mumbled, around a big yawn.

Harry, Zayn and Niall were led into the kitchen, where they were paraded around the gingerbread house, Louis telling them repeatedly which bits he had done, and getting a lot of praise for it!

Louis asked if he could have another piece before bed, but even his puppy dog eyes didn't get him any, though he was pacified with the promise he could have more tomorrow.

Liam carefully placed the house in tinfoil, so it wouldn't go stale, as Zayn carried Louis upstairs, Harry following behind with his reindeer teddy and a bottle.

"Not tired yet daddy" Louis told Zayn, clamouring to go back downstairs, starting to get a little upset and fussy.

"No? Well how about a story then?" Zayn asked, to which Louis shrugged, telling him he wanted to go back downstairs and check his gingerbread.

Harry smirked, knowing how much of a struggle it would be getting him to sleep on Christmas Eve if he was already this excited.

"Don't worry, it'll still be there tomorrow love" Zayn promised, as he laid him down on the changing table.

Louis flinched slightly as Zayn applied some rash cream, whining at the coldness.

"Sorry darling, almost done!" He reassured him, before dressing him in a sleeper onesie, where his hands and feet were covered. They were hoping this would help with the thumb sucking issue, plus it was quite cold so he'd be nice and warm all night.

Louis smiled as he felt the fleece all around him, and reached up for Zayn, wanting his story and bottle now.

Harry left them both to it, knowing how important one to one time with him was, and still needing to finish off some things downstairs with Liam and Niall, preparations for Christmas and Louis birthday.

"What story shall we have tonight then Lou?" Zayn asked, receiving nothing but a shrug in return, very helpful.

Zayn decided on 'The owl who was afraid of the dark', having loved reading that to his younger sisters when they were little.

Louis seemed to enjoy it as well, curling up into Zayn when he settled them down in the rocking chair, enjoying the warmth provided by both Zayn and his bottle.

He was completely relaxed, his fingers curling into the fleece of the onesie, laughing around the bottle as Zayn did funny voices for the owl.

He wasn't quite asleep when Zayn finished the story, so he replaced the bottle with a pacifier, and turned off the lamp, leaving just a small nightlight on.

Zayn rocked him back and forth slowly on the chair, playing softly with his hair as he drifted off to sleep, and placing him gently in the crib when he was sure Louis was asleep.

AN:

Two updates today, so make sure you read the other if you haven't already!

Also, heads up for a small time skip in next chapter :)