5

I stared at him in shock, the crib, onesie and teddies making sense - they wanted me to act like an actual baby. Do they not realise I'm 18, an adult? Fully capable of taking care of myself?

"I..." I was shocked, I didn't know what to say, how to argue my way out.

"I don't ... I'm..." I trailed off, absolutely terrified, my head pounding.

"Let's talk about this downstairs angel alright? I'm just going to come over and pick you up okay?" Liam told me, walking towards the crib.

I pressed further back into the corner, and a couple of tears escaped as he lowered the bars of the front of the crib.

"You're fine angel, I promise we're not going to hurt you, I'm just gonna pick you up and take you downstairs for a chat love". Liam continued reaching towards me and I let out a small squeak as he picked me up.

"I umm ... I can walk..." I trailed off as he easily placed me on his hip.

"No Lou, you can't walk downstairs alone. Besides you're as light as a feather!" He exclaimed, bouncing me slightly on his hip as if I were a baby.

I let out a small squeak at this, worried he was going to drop me, but he simply smiled and held me closer as one of the men behind laughed.

I felt like I should be protesting more against these men, but unlike a lot of people I'd met, they hadn't tried to hurt me yet while I was vulnerable. It confused me, but I felt fairly safe with them already.