29

Louis POV:

Liam started drying me off with the towel, using another one for my hair.

He placed me on the changing table and bent down, standing back up with a nappy in one hand and the bear I'd asked for last time in his other hand.

I grinned and reached my hand out, happy he'd remembered the little things, to make it easier for me.

I didn't say anything but I appreciated him giving it to me, and not making too big of a deal about it. It was more that I had something to fiddle with and distract me while he changed me, not just that I actually needed a teddy.

I held onto the bear and averted my eyes awkwardly as he changed me, though he was quick it was still incredibly embarrassing. Even more so when he started using rash cream.

"This'll be a little cold, sorry love." He informed me, as I flinched away from the cold cream he'd just put on me. I squirmed slightly as he rubbed it in, this taking all my willpower not to jump off the table and run away from him.

He seemed to sense how uncomfortable I was though, humming a song I vaguely recognised under his breath and going faster than usual.

I stood up after he'd finished, allowing him to help me into the jeans and yellow smiley face jumper.

"Hey Lou, can you sit here for me so I can do your hair love?" Niall asked, placing me on the rocking chair when I agreed.

I leaned back as I felt him start messing around with my hair, brushing it and rubbing something in. I heard him laugh as I leaned further back into his hands, closing my eyes. I'd always loved having my hair played with, feeling really relaxed.

"Alright you're all done Lou, you enjoy that yeah?" He chuckled as I nodded, lifting me off the rocking chair and placing me on his hip. He followed Liam, starting to walk out of the nursery and down the stairs, stopping in the hallway.

He placed me on the chair and Liam began putting shoes on me, confusing me.

"Where are we going?" I queried, watching as Niall gave Liam a panicked look and avoided my eyes, and my question.

"Just got to nip out for a bit love, nothing to worry about." Liam told me, lacing up my shoes.

I eyed him suspiciously and asked again where we were going, it clearly wasn't anywhere good the way Niall wasn't even looking at me.

He sighed, finishing lacing up my shoes, "you've just got a quick doctors appointment babe, nothing to worry about."

I frowned at that, but didn't say anything. I hadn't been in a few years, but I was sure it wouldn't be too bad.

Harry interrupted my thoughts, anyway, picking me up and swinging me round onto his hip, making me jump.

"Sorry love, didn't mean to scare you!" Harry laughed, picking up his phone and carrying me outside.

"Me and Li are gonna take you okay babe? It'll be quick anyways." Harry informed me, placing me inside the car seat again and strapping me in.

I watched as he buckled me in, placing a kiss on top of my head as he moved to shut the door.

Liam was already in the passenger seat, and I fiddled with the sleeve of my onesie as we started driving away, worrying about what would happen when we got there.