36

Louis POV:

I carried on colouring, trying not to think too much about what happened so I didn't cry again.

It was that awkward stage where you'd finished crying but you knew you were on the verge of something setting you off again. I was so embarrassed about using my nappy, especially in my sleep, and I felt really funny. I had butterflies in my stomach and my head felt all stuffy. And I missed my ... I didn't even know what to call them.

Zayn said they'd be back soon though, I really missed them.

I listened to him rambling on about something, welcoming the distraction from my thoughts.

Before long there was a noise from the front door and I heard them all coming in, taking off their coats and dumping their keys on the windowsill.

"Lou!" I heard Niall exclaim, before rushing over to me and picking me up instantly, the others crowding round me.

I had my legs wrapped round his waist, and he was patting my bottom gently which I knew should have been weird, but for some reason I wasn't protesting.

"Hey sweetheart how was your day with Zayn? We missed you so much!" Liam smiled, ruffling my hair slightly.

"Aw babe have you been colouring, such a good boy" Harry cooed at me.

I heard Zayn chuckling from behind me, as they all fussed over me, which made me really upset for some reason. I knew he wasn't laughing at me, but it sort of felt like he was at the same time.

They carried on asking me questions, and talking all over one another, which made me feel even more overwhelmed.

They'd gone quiet, clearly waiting for me to say something, and embarrassingly as soon as I opened my mouth I burst into tears again.

"I ... I'm sorry!" I wailed, feeling awful that they'd just come in and I was crying again. What was worse was I didn't even fully understand why I was so upset.

"Didn't mean to" I sobbed, trying to form a coherent sentence, something that seemed a million miles away at this point.

Niall was still gently rubbing my back and bouncing me in his arms slightly, and it was like a switch had flicked inside me.

I whimpered when I saw Zayn and Liam walking away, whispering to each other, it upsetting me greatly for no reason.

"No please I sorry, please no leave me!" I begged, convinced they were done with me.

"Darling you're fine, we're all here yeah, just take some deep breaths baby." Liam promised me, and I immediately reached out for him, seeing he was walking back to me.

"Baby just breathe" He cooed, kissing the top of my head as I clung desperately to him.

He carried on whispering in my ear, and I didn't know what else to do apart from cling to him and cry.

"Please" I begged, trying to stop crying.

"You're fine sweetie, we're not going anywhere, just calm down." I heard him talking, but didn't really understand what he was saying, feeling the vibrations in his chest and throat, soothing me.

He carried on talking to me, urging me to look at him rather than keep hiding my head in his shoulder but I wasn't interested.

"Daddy stay" I murmured, as he moved me around a bit, not wanting him to leave him.

He did thankfully, kissing the top of my head again and rocking me slightly as I clung to him, closing my eyes slowly, completely oblivious to the conversations they were having around me.