ONE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Rays of sunlight scattered the train compartment, the smell of chocolate and pages of old books lingering in the air. Outside a light mist of fog wrapped itself around trees that stood proud in the wind.

In the corner of the compartment sat a girl bundled up in a red knitted jumper, her knees pulled up to her chest. Her head rested on the cool window, humming the tune to Killer Queen almost inaudibly while her brown curls that cascaded down to her hips kissed her neck.

Genevieve admired the view in front of her, taking in the sights and enjoying how peaceful it was. She knew it wouldn't last long, the quiet, that is. She knew that any moment now the harmonic aura that had seeped into her would be disrupted by the Marauders. Although she enjoyed the company of her friends, it wasn't often that she got to enjoy the luxuries of pure relaxation.

As if she had predicted it, the compartment door was slid open and a boy with obsidian, curly hair stood in the doorway with a wide, a familiar smirk permanently etched on his face and his arms wide open.

"Genny!" Sirius cried, running up and embracing her in a tight hug that lifter her off the ground.

Genny. His favorite nickname for her. She had barely ever heard him call her Genevieve, only in the most extreme of situations.

She tipped her head back and laughed as he spun them both around until they got dizzy, causing her head to spin once she was placed back on the ground.

He laughed a sorry out before letting her go and sitting down next to her.

"My turn," a bespectacled boy shouted, throwing himself at Genevieve. While he expected her to catch him, his plan proved unsuccessful as they both landed on the floor with a thud, limbs entwined awkwardly.

"You've broken at least ten bones in my body, James," Genevieve groaned, prying herself off the floor before helping him up aswell.

"Well you're moving perfectly fine," he retorted, straightening out his circular glasses that had slipped slightly.

"Shh," she hushed and brought a finger to his lips, "It's all part of the act."

"Leave the acting to Padfoot, he's much better at it than you," James teased, whacking away the slender finger that hovered in front of him.

"For that, you're no longer my favourite," Genevieve smiled sweetly, causing the boy to gawk in offence at her.

"Can I have some help please?" The voice of Peter groaned, lugging along a suitcase in one hand while hugging on tightly to a large range of treats in the other.

"I see you've made yourself acquainted with the trolly lady," Gen chuckled and pried the suitcase laced in palm sweat away from him to haul it onto the shelves above. She wiped her hands down on the thigh of her jeans and tried her hardest not to grimace.