TWENTY ONE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"All alone on Valentine's day, how sad is that?" Peter moaned and took a large gulp of his third butterbeer

Genevieve, Peter and Remus were all sat at a table by themselves, basking in the warmth The Three Broomsticks provided them. Sirius had successfully scored James a date with a fellow fifth year Hufflepuff called Olivia Kenneth before gaining a date himself with another fifth year Hufflepuff called Cynthia Underwood, leaving the three by themselves.

"Not very sad, really. We have each other," Genevieve cheerfully answered, wrapping an arm around both of the boys necks.

"But everyone else has dates," Peter poured sadly.

"Valentine's is a load of rubbish anyway, so it doesn't really count."

Remus snapped a bit off the chocolate bar he had bought from Honeydukes earlier before looking at Genevieve in interest because of her statement. "How?" he asked politely, wanting to know her reason why.

"Well if you really love someone, shouldn't you show them how much you love them everyday instead of one stupid day a year?" She responded rhetorically, knowing her answer made perfect sense.

"Wise words," Remus nodded in agreement.

"What can I say? I'm a wise woman," Genevieve winked and tipped her head as if she had a hat on it.

"But Valentine's is still a cute day!" Peter exclaimed.

Genevieve brought her hands up to Peters face, making him look into her eyes. "Listen to me, my innocent friend. You are perfectly adorable by yourself, you don't need a girlfriend!" She scolded him, a small smile forming on his face.

"But i'll never get a girlfriend, i'm not as popular as James or Sirius or Remus," he started, fiddling with his hands in his lap.

"I'm really not that popular," Remus laughed light-heartedly, trying to somehow make the boy feel better.

Genevieve sighed and sat back in her seat. "If it really helps, I hear that Eunice Hudgson has got her eye on you," she gossiped and nodded her head to the bar where Eunice was sat staring at Peter, blushing profusely.

"Really?!"

Genevieve nodded and gave him a push towards the bar, "Really, now go charm her with that innocent Peter smile!"

Peter held two thumbs up before walking towards the bar with a slight skip in his step.

"You couldn't have told him that earlier?" Remus raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Genevieve asked, raising her glass to take a sip of her butterbear.

"He was complaining he didn't have a date all morning," Remus explained, folding his arms jokingly like McGonagall would to seem more stern.