TWENTY SEVEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Genny," James poked her cheek with the pads of his finger

"Gen," James poked her gently in the ribs this time, receiving a jolt from the contact but no words from her mouth.

"GINGY!"

"What?" Genevieve turned to look at him, the knife and fork she was using to feed herself pancakes clattering on top of her plate.

"Hi," he grinned cheekily, finally glad to be having attention.

"Go away James. I would rather eat my pancakes in peace," Genevieve rolled her eyes.

"That's not how you talk to your best friends," Sirius slid onto the other side of her so she was sandwiched in between the two boys.

"Lucky you're not my best friends then," Genevieve chuckled to herself although she knew for a fact they were.

"That's a lie, how could anybody not love us?" Sirius scoffed, taking the remains of Genevieve's pancake onto his own plate.

"Go ask Snape, I'm sure he would be more than happy to explain," she gave them both pointed looks, one that had them both automatically rolling their eyes and groaning.

"You're not still mad about that are you?" Sirius asked for them both.

Genevieve gave them both a look that translated to 'i'm not mad that you cursed him but because you didn't listen to me.'

"He deserved it," James took a swig of his pumpkin juice. "He called Lily the M-word."

"He wouldn't have called Lily that word if you," she jabbed a finger into James's chest. "Had just left him alone."

"Yes, yes I get it," James rolled his eyes.

The past week had consisted of the exact same argument, and today he was trying his hardest to avoid it.

Remus and Peter sat themselves down on the other side of the Gryffindor table. Peter automatically reached for the nearest plate of bacon whereas Remus placed his head in his hands, his fingers getting tangled in sandy curls.

"How long did it take to get him up this time?" James asked Peter, glancing sceptically at Remus.

"Twenty minutes give or take? He kicked me in the stomach once as well when I tried taking the covers away," Peter answered, rubbing his once wounded belly in remembrance.