FORTY TWO

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

Genevieve raised an eyebrow. "A party?"

Sirius nodded eagerly. "A party."

Genevieve bit into her buttered slice of toast slowly. For the longest time ever, she had hated parties. She hated how loud the music was, and how the smell of stale beer and sweat always lingered in the air, and how annoying it was to hear a drunken teenager's rambling (or crying). "Right," she said begrudgingly.

"Think about it! If we win the match today then it'll be a celebration and if we lose—"

"—Which won't happen," James interrupted sternly.

"Then it'll be something to cheer everyone up," Sirius said and spooned a load of cereal into his mouth. "You can't go wrong with a party."

"Cool."

Remus laughed into his morning coffee. "I don't think she really cares, Padfoot," he pointed out after listening to her bland replies.

"Wait until he figures that out himself," Genevieve said lowly to him, and Remus had to resist a laugh at the wounded look on Sirius's face.

"What is it with you and parties?" Sirius asked with a scowl. "You never go to them and lack all enthusiasm whenever I talk about them."

"Even Remus goes to parties," Peter said, "he doesn't drink but he still goes."

"By force," Remus muttered and exchanged a glance with Genevieve.

"I just don't find them fun," Genevieve answered simply.

After overhearing the conversation they were having, Marlene suddenly perked up at the mention of parties. "I think parties are fun."

Sirius scoffed, his lips twisting into an amused smirk. "We all know you like parties, blondie," he asserted tauntingly, "At the last one you were making bird noises out the window and calling yourself the 'pigeon summoner.'"

Peter looked at a confused Marlene with wide eyes. "Did you actually manage to summon a pigeon?"

Marlene shrugged, her bewildered frown only deepening. "How am I supposed to remember? I didn't even know I did that until now. It was a long night."

As Sirius was about to make another jab at Marlene's drunken activities, the booming sound of thunder rumbled through the Great Hall. Shrill shrieks sounded from some of the students, mostly the first years, but Genevieve felt no sense of fear from the arriving storm. As heavy rain splattered against the Great Halls windows, Genevieve exchanged an excited look with James, Sirius and Peter, one they gladly exchanged. Almost instinctively, they jumped up from their seats and bolted towards the large exit door.