EIGTHY THREE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was late in the morning when sunlight began to peek through the window, illuminating the room in shades of orange and yellow. For a day so deep in winter, it was a surprise to see the sun shining so brightly. Remus had been awake for a while, weighed down by the person tucked into his side. He didn't mind, though.

Genevieve's arms stretched across his stomach like a blanket, wrapping him in warmth and softly holding onto him. Her hair was a mess, and her mascara was smudged beneath her eyes, but Remus still thought she was the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

As the sun rays began to descend on Genevieve's face, her eyes began to slowly open from the sweet slumber she had endured. She didn't move for a moment, merely stayed as still as she could so she didn't disturb the atmosphere. If she didn't cherish the moment, then she feared it would be too soon gone. This wasn't something she wanted to end.

"Remus," whispered Genevieve. "Are you awake?"

"No," said Remus, his voice slightly deeper with sleep yet still delicate.

She smiled as best she could, but the muscles in her face were almost stiff from being fixed in that position for so long. "You make a good pillow."

"You make a good blanket," Remus complimented. "Blankets don't snore, though."

"I don't snore," she retorted.

He smiled sleepily. "Yes, you do."

"Shh, you're being loud," she murmured, her voice muffled as she buried her head into the warm duvet. That slight movement was exhausting for her, a long breath of air releasing from her mouth as she rested her limbs again. From deep in her stomach, a twisting sensation turned her rosy cheeks pale.

"You just said that to ignore the fact that you snore," Remus said, thought his voice was lower.

Genevieve let out a small, tired breath of laughter, but she didn't smile for long.

Noticing the change in her expression, Remus's brows furrowed. He sat up a little straighter beneath her. "You alright?" he asked, more quiet with his voice this time.

"I don't feel too good."

"I'm not surprised," said Remus. His hand found it's way to her untamed hair, bringing it away from the nape of her neck so she wasn't as warm. "The amount you had to drink was unbelievable."

Genevieve looked up at him, her eyes narrowed in thought. "It was?" Remus replied with a sympathetic look. "I thought I stopped at 3," she said.