TWO

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The  glowing candles that hung from the Great Halls ceiling illuminated the atmosphere filled with joyful students. Although everyone loved going home for summer to reunite with their families, the only thing most people wished for was that the summer would go by quick so they could return to their school. Genevieve Lewis was one of those people.

Genevieve walked through the Great Hall with a wide smile on her face as a sense of nostalgia waved over her.. She took a seat at the Gryffindor table next to Remus whereas James, Sirius and Peter took a seat across from them.

"Imagine all the food that's going to pop up!" Peter exclaimed excitedly to Gen, wriggling in his seat impatiently. Gen chuckled lightly. The small boy always managed to get so excited over the mention of food, she had never seen anyone talk about it so passionately. He continued to ramble on about the feast when Gen felt someone sit next to her. She looked to her right and saw red-head Lily Evans smile at her.

"Hey Gen, how was your summer?" She asked, still keeping her smile on her face.

"It was alright, I s'ppose," Genevieve shrugged. A grin curved its way onto her face. "I perfected the art of shimmying down the drain pipe, and now you can call me a master of sneaking out to the beach."

"You're going to break your neck one day, and I'll have no sympathy," Lily scolded. "Do you parents know how you're wrecking their drainpipe?" A smile lit up her face again. "Oh, how are Mr and Mrs Lewis? And Anna? I haven't seen them all in a while."

The rest of Genevieve's family were muggles. Thomas and Mary Lewis were shocked when Gen got a letter in the mail asking her to join a school for people who possessed magic abilities, but didn't stick their noses up like some parents did. Anastasia Lewis, Gen's 9 year old sister, thought it was amazing that Gen was like all the characters she had heard about in fiction books her mother would read to her. Even though Anna probably didn't own the same gift as her, she was happy none the less that Gen was able to do magic.

"Anna still complains, Mum still makes a fuss out of everything and Dad is still making comical and wise remarks. So basically, we're all fine. You should visit sometime, Anna misses you," Gen responded, still wearing a smile that reached her eyes.

Lily and her used to be close in the first year, but Gen ended up drifting away from her and hanging out with the Marauders in her second. This didn't effect them anyway negatively though, they both stayed friendly with each other even though Lily despised two out of the four Marauders. The red-head would stay at Gen's house in Devon for a week every summer when they were practically inseparable.

"Of course!" Lily said, accepting her offer. If Gen was being honest, she felt bad that she stopped hanging around with Lily and went off with others, especially because they were both like sisters to each other at one point. This year she hoped to rebuild that friendship again because she truly missed it.