SEVENTY THREE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Hogwarts was alive, once again. Under the glow of the candlelit room, gluttonous students tucked into their food and conversed heartily with each other. The shy first years had just been sorted, majority of this year's bunch going to Ravenclaw, but still a good handful going to Gryffindor.

It was James and Lily's responsibility to provide them a warm welcome as Head Girl and Boy. While Lily took that role seriously, James's only intention was to make them all laugh. The first years were in hysterics when James told them that if anyone officially chopped Nearly-Headless Nick's head off, he would walk around near naked in the hall.

Speaking of the ghosts of Hogwarts, they had began to bicker with each other over the summer. Sir Nicholas was telling Peter that The Bloody Barron was being particularly moody, which wasn't out of character but was still concerning. Sir Nick also hinted that this could have been Peeves's fault, as he had also been more insufferable than usual too. Now all the ghosts were longing for new people to die so they had more people to talk to. Apparently they had grown too used to each other and wanted someone new.

"I hope we never grow bored of each other like the Ghosts have," said Remus to them all after listening intently. "It's a sad way to end a friendship - growing bored."

"Would you rather us die, Moony?" taunted Sirius, waggling his eyebrows. The idea of his death enticed him, strangely. "If we died, then the friendship would end naturally. That way you'll never grow tired."

"Just because someone's died, doesn't mean a friendship dies too. It's still there," theorised Peter through a mouthful of potato. "Just not as... alive."

"If I die, I hope to die first out of us," Genevieve said, her lip curling upwards. Her teasing voice had turned low and enticing. "That way I'll be able to haunt all of your memories."

"If we're making reservations then I hope to die last," said Remus. He was aware that despite their playful tones they were being honest. "I'll be sparing you all the sadness of having to mourn me."

"I'm alright with anything as long as I die before all of you," James said, "I couldn't live in a world without any of you in it."

"That's sweet, Prongs, but unfortunately you can't," interjected Peter, filling all of their goblets up with more pumpkin juice. "Silvy's already asked to go first."

"Fine," said James, smiling at Genevieve beside him, "I'll go in the same week as you. That way you won't be waiting too long for anyone in the afterlife." A large smile graced both of their faces, James slinging his arm over Genevieve's shoulder and bringing her into a small side-hug.