SIXTEEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Mayhem had seeped it's way into the corridors of Hogwarts as soon as the Marauders had seemed to step foot into the castle once again

Mayhem had seeped it's way into the corridors of Hogwarts as soon as the Marauders had seemed to step foot into the castle once again. Five toilets had been blown up already, the Ancient Runes teacher had sprouted wings after taking a sip out of a jinxed goblet and many students (mostly Snape - much to Lily's dismay) had been pranked mercilessly.

Never talking about the events that went down at Grimmauld Place seemed to have become an unspoken rule throughout the friend group. Another unspoken rule was made, but this one was for Gen and Sirius. The two had silently agreed to not tell anyone about how Sirius had awkwardly kissed her because neither wanted to share that embarrassment.

It had been a week since everyone had returned, and more pressure was being put on the 5th years because of their upcoming OWLs.

"Teachers always claim they want us to do our best in our exams but proceed to make our lives miserable," James groaned while buttering a slice of toast.

"Did you see the way McGonagall was butchering me in Transfig? It was awful," Peter butted in, banging his head against the table.

"Do you really want to go there about Transfiguration?" Genevieve raised an eyebrow, daring him to continue when he knew she was at the bottom of that class.

"You're getting better at it though," Remus pointed out and gave her an encouraging smile.

Gen gave him a wide smile back but it faltered a little when she saw how exhausted he looked.

She poured some water into an empty goblet and placed it down in front of him. "Are you sick by any chance?" she asked.

"What makes you ask?" he countered, taking a long sip from the goblet and hoping to somehow get out of the conversation.

"You look like shit," Genevieve confessed bluntly.

"I'm hurt." Remus put a hand against his chest in feigned offence.

She waved off his comment with a dismissive hand. "You should really go see Poppy."

"I'll be fine," he assured her even though his head was pounding and every bone in his body ached.

Before Gen could press on further, Lily had swooped down next to her and engaged in conversation, dragging her out of the hall.

"You really should tell her about your furry little problem," James started.

"The longer you don't tell her, the more she'll be mad at you," Sirius commented.