TWENTY

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I need your help," Lily sighed and plopped down in the empty seat next to Genevieve

"Oh darling, you've always needed help," Gen chuckled lowly without looking up so Madam Pince wouldn't hear.

"Very funny," Lily monotoned but carried on, "have you seen when the next Hogsmeade trip is?"

"Nope," Genevieve replied, popping the 'p' while dipping her quill into her ink.

"Well it's on Valentines, A.K.A this weekend," Lily started, making Genevieve finally look up from her assignment.

"Ok?..."

"I need a date, Gen!" The redhead whispered and shook her shoulders, making Genevieve wince a little at her tight grip.

"I know just the person you can go out with," Gen started, placing her quill down on the table.

"You do?" Lily asked, wide-eyed.

"Oh yeah," Genevieve started with a wicked grin, "he's around yay high, wears glasses and can sometimes be an annoying prick."

Lily's hopeful face dropped into a glower, her lips curled into a straight line of disapproval.

Gen raised her hands in defence, smiling innocently, "Forget I said anything."

"I want a date," Lily groaned and pressed her forehead to the wooden table, her ginger curls scattering all over, "I'm sick of being lonely."

"You have both Snape and James chasing after you," Gen elaborated, starting on her essay once again.

"Severus does not chase after me," Lily frowned, to which Genevieve raised her head and lifted a single eyebrow.

"Maybe if you lie a little more, it might come true," Genevieve mocked jokingly.

A third person joined the cramped library table, dropping down into the seat next to Gen. She glanced over and saw Bradley with a solemn look on his face.

"I don't have a date for Hogsmeade this weekend," he complained, making Genevieve smirk.

"Neither does Lily, oh look! You can both go together," she announced sarcastically and clapped her hands loudly, earning a hiss from Madam Pince.

"As lovely as the offer is, I'll have to decline. It's more of a 'the person I want to ask me to Hogsmeade won't ask me' scenario," Bradley explained sadly, gazing out the window in a supposed daydream.

"Who do you want to ask you?" Lily asked him, leaning forward intently to hear his answer.

Bradley muttered something incoherently under his breath.

"Speak up a bit," Genevieve
said, leaning forward like Lily was because she wanted to know if her thoughts were right.

"Toby," Bradley answered a little louder so both of the girls could hear.