SIX

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Divination. The class everyone took to have a laugh or purely because they didn't know what else to pick. It was either Divination or Alchemy, and when Genevieve had to make the decision between the two classes her honest thoughts were 'what the fuck is Alchemy.'

Sirius and James told her to take it for a joke. Remus told her NOT to take it for a joke. Peter only chose Divination because James and Sirius did.

So of course she did exactly what Remus told her not to do and took Divination for a joke.

It's not that she liked to do the opposite of whatever Remus told her, but she was not sitting in Alchemy with him when she didn't even know it was an actual thing.

So there she was sitting in Divination with James next to her. In front of them sat a crystal ball, polished to the point where they could see their own faces glistening in front of them. Neither one of them were having any luck with it, and it seemed that Behind them sat Sirius and Peter,

From behind the crystal ball, James was pulling all kinds of funny faces. Each one had Genevieve bursting into a fit of laughter until her ribs started hurting. It was when James pressed his nose up against it and started snorting like a pig that alerted the attention of their teacher, Professor Reinham. The Professor watched with beady eyes as James fooled around in front of the crystal ball, his mouth curved downwards disappointedly.

"James!" Genevieve hissed through her giggles. "Reinham is watching you!"

James, however, was not able to figure out what she said because of her laughter interrupting her. He carried on imitating a pig, unbeknownst to him of of Professor Reinham approaching them.

He walked over to the pair and cleared his throat with an interrupting cough. Genevieve watched as James's eyes went wide from behind the crystal ball with a grin she was trying so hard to disguise.

"What exactly did you see inside the crystal ball, Mr Potter?" Reinham inquired, although his tone of voice sounded doubtful that he would receive a proper answer.

James gulped before turning to the Professor. "I saw pigs," he answered, although it didn't sound too convincing.

"You saw... pigs," Reinham repeated with narrowed eyes. It sounded almost like he was testing the words on his own tongue. "And what exactly does the image of 'pigs' mean for your future?"

As James struggled for answer, Genevieve had to cover her mouth with her hand. If she didn't, she feared that the Professor would see her smile.

After listening to James attempt to find an answer, Professor Reinham ended his stuttering with a simple raise of his hand. "For the sheer stupidity you have displayed in my class, I think it best that you have a detention, Mr Potter," he said before walking away to help some other students.