FOUR

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The library had always been an oddly peaceful place for Genevieve. She had never been one to read books, only those she read as a child and the ones Remus recommended to her, but she loved to walk along the battered shelves and admire the books. While most people hated the silence in libraries and found it uncomfortable, Gen always loved it. That's when she got the silence at least. Her lovely band of boys would find her sneaking off into the library and drag her away eventually. James was usually the ring leader of this as, in his own words from the past, he thought the library "seeps into young children's minds and corrupts them and turns them evil."

So when someone slumped down at her table in the library, her first instinct was to say (without looking up from her book might I add), "Go away James."

And it was only when she didn't get a snarky or ego-boosting comment from James that she quickly realised she wasn't talking to him. She looked up from her book to see the Hufflepuff boy she had hit a few weeks ago with a smirk on his face and his eyebrows raised.

"Lucky i'm not James then, aren't I?" he chuckled. He placed his satchel down on the table, took a seat across from Genevieve and then extended his arm for her to shake. "Toby Whitley"

She took his hand and shook it. "Genevieve Lewis" she smiled. She looked at where she had smacked him in the head with the book and saw no trace of bruising whatsoever. "I see that I didn't leave a bruise."

He tutted and shook his head. "Oh no, you did. A ghastly one as well. Madam Pomfrey does work miracles though so it's no problem now"

"Well it's a magic school, always bound to be miracles," she mused.

"I suppose so," Toby returned, getting his book out from his bag and placing it as far away from Gen that he could. "Best keep you away from this"

She tried to stifle her laughter by covering her mouth with her hands but ended up failing which earned her a sharp hiss from Madam Pince.

"I saw you here reading and thought I might be able to help you a bit on transfiguration homework as we don't want a repeat of last time," he offered. She was about to accept when she was cut off a by a loud shout and rapid footsteps heading towards her.

"Genevieve Mary Lewis, what have I told you about sneaking off to this place?" James wailed.

Behind him Sirius was staring at some Ravenclaw girl, Peter was watching Sirius stare at some Ravenclaw girl and Remus was mouthing sorry. Toby was looking back and forth between Gen and the four, confused out of his mind.

"Sorry mother, would you like me to keep out the kitchen while you're cooking aswell?" she said in a monotone voice. She heard Toby snort and gave him a quick wink before gathering her things. "I assume you've come to whisk me away?"