FIFTY FOUR

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

Reading to another person was a nerve-racking thing, Genevieve found, when she attempted to read to Remus. She had no idea how he had managed to read aloud to her so many times as clearly and accurately as he did.

Instead of sitting in Potions with everyone else, Genevieve was layed at the end of Remus's hospital bed on her stomach, trying her hardest to read out loud to him in a way that didn't make his ears bleed. Remus would have read himself, but the pain-killing medicines Madam Pomfrey had given him had made him woozy, and so the words just scrambled together. Genevieve knew that reading brought him comfort, so she decided to read to him, but it wasn't in the slightest comforting.

While Remus had a soothing voice that never stuttered while reading to her, she stumbled over words and found herself constantly restarting sentences because she had pronounced them wrong. Remus didn't seem to mind though, he was too busy fighting a smile at her growing annoyance.

She looked up at him after restarting a sentence once again. "I'm awful at this, aren't I?" she said disappointedly.

"I wouldn't say you're terrible," Remus lied groggily, smiling down at her. She raised an eyebrow. "Maybe just a little," he agreed.

Genevieve groaned, hitting her head into the duvet. "Don't look for any redeeming qualities in my reading skills. There are none," she jested begrudgingly.

Remus laughed. "You just need to work on it a little," he assured.

"Work?" Genevieve grimaced, the word rolling off her tongue bitterly. "I can't believe you would suggest such a thing, Wolfy."

Remus rolled his eyes and nestled deeper into his pillows, but they weren't half as comfy as the pillows on his dormitory bed. The hospital beds had always been uncomfortable, but maybe that was just because of how boney he was.

Heavy footsteps bounded through the corridors leading towards the Hospital Wing. They were getting louder and louder, shaking the water by Remus's side table. "Looks like our moment of peace has been disturbed," he muttered to Genevieve as James, Sirius and Peter entered the infirmary, panting and red in the face.

"Silvy, Moony, we might have to kill ourselves. You too, Wormtail, we're not needed anymore," Sirius informed, a sullen look on his face. James's didn't halfway match his, however. He was positively ecstatic.

"Godric, I've never ran so fast in all my life," Peter huffed as they stopped by Remus's bed. "Don't make me do that ever again."

"You'll never believe what's happened," James grinned, his cheeks rosy, but not because he was so out of breath, but because he was blushing.

"Unless someone has died, I don't care," Remus said, propping himself up higher.

"Trust me, you'll care about this," Sirius grumbled. "It's the end of an era— I've never been so distraught in all my life."