TWENTY THREE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The Black Lake had always been pretty during the spring, in Genevieve's opinion

The Black Lake had always been pretty during the spring, in Genevieve's opinion. Peaceful would be the proper word to describe it. With the trees coated in various shades of green rustling around her and the sound of rocks being skipped across the lake, she felt almost relaxed. If her hair wasn't being tugged at in every possible direction, she could have fallen asleep even.

Genevieve's head was rested snugly in Bradley's crossed legs, him braiding her hair while she soaked in the mid-day suns heat. Toby stood by the lake with his sleeves rolled up, skipping rocks and grinning every time he would beat his score.

"Now put the third bit over the second- ouch!" Genevieve hissed as Bradley pulled a little too hard on a lock of hair.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," Bradley apologised for what must have been the fourth time within a minute.

"No need to apologise," She smiled up at him and patted his knee.

"How do you girls do stuff like this every day? My fingers have cramps," he asked while trying to figure out which bit of hair to cross over next.

Genevieve shrugged and watched as  a leaf spun graciously towards the ground, "You get used to it. Beauty is pain, good sir."

Bradley frowned and shook his head, "I hate that expression."

"What? That beauty is pain?"

He nodded. "Nobody should go through pain to be beautiful. Everyone is effortlessly beautiful, but it's a shame not everyone can see it."

Genevieve smiled softly and hummed in agreement. If she was able to see the world through someone else's point of view for a day, she would without a doubt choose Bradley's mindset.

"And I'm guessing you find some more beautiful than others?" She asked, although it was more of a statement as she discreetly glanced over at Toby.

Bradley watched as the boy continued skipping rocks, blissfully unaware of the conversation they were having. "Yeah," he whispered before shaking himself out of his trance.

"I think Remus Lupin finds you more beautiful than others," Bradley added sneakily, watching subtly for her reaction.

"Well I am pretty beautiful," Genevieve pointed out and forced back down the heat in her cheeks.

Bradley internally buzzed as he caught his friends blush that she was trying so desperately to get rid off. "Indeed you are, m'lady."