SIXTY FIVE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Toby had been glaring at Genevieve ever since she sat down across from him in the library. Rationing words seemed to be a new hobby of his along with staring icily into people's souls. Despite the lengthy amount of time he had been sat across from Genevieve, he had only said two words to her in that time. "Hi" and "Sure" (that was when she asked if she could sit with him).

Finally having enough of it, Genevieve closed her book and folded her arms in front of her. "Toby," she started. "Did I forget your birthday? Unintentionally insult your mother? Step on your foot?"

"No," Toby responded monotonously.

"Three words," Genevieve whisper-cheered. To her disappointment, Toby didn't look up at her. He showed no sign of listening to her. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Are you mad at me?"

Toby's quill paused it's writing midway through a word before he placed it back in its ink pot. He looked at her with narrowed eyes. "You had fun at Hogsmeade, didn't you?" he said. He knew she did, yet his voice encouraged her to answer.

Unsurely, Genevieve nodded. "Tons. Did you know gingerbread flavoured chocolate is a thing? When I saw it in Honeydukes it made my day-"

"I thought the date you went on with Jessie would have made your day," Toby interrupted with a scowl. "You know- the date you never told me about."

Realisation took over Genevieve's features. Her hand flew to her mouth. "Oh Toby, I'm so sorry I forgot. I meant to tell you, I cross my heart," she apologised guiltily.

Toby waved a nonchalant hand and leaned back in his chair. "It's probably best you didn't tell me about it, anyway." He crossed his arms. "Because I would have told you not to go."

Genevieve should of been offended, but she wasn't. She felt like she should of been, yet she didn't feel insulted at all. Instead, she merely pursed her lips and tilted her head. "Why?" she asked.

"Because you like Remus and went on a date with another guy," Toby replied simply. A grin played at his lips as he quoted Bradley: "Denial isn't good for the soul, M'lady."

Genevieve rolled her eyes before focusing them on the her converse shoes. McGonagall had scolded her earlier for wearing them as they weren't 'uniform approved'. Then she brought up Genevieve's untucked shirt and rolled up skirt and didn't stop talking until Sirius ended up distracting her altogether. He was the next to be scolded.

"I'm not in denial," she laughed shakily. "I like Jessie."

He raised an eyebrow. "But you like Remus too, don't you?" When Genevieve tried to defended herself but couldn't, he smiled in satisfaction. "Why don't you just tell him you like him?"

"It's not that easy, Toby. Remus and I dating would-"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Toby cut in and held up a finger. "Let me guess." He glanced at her with an exaggerated pout. "It would mess everything up."