EIGHTY

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Immersion did not come easily to Genevieve when studying about something she did not find interesting, but immersion was a crucial thing for Genevieve's education. Without interest in a subject, Genevieve became slothful when it came to lessons. She saw no point in learning about something she didn't care for, an unwise mindset she had grown too used to even before she was at Hogwarts.

But she was trying, and that was what counted. Genevieve was putting an effort into all subjects, dedicating herself to handing in homework on time (so extremely rare that Flitwick nearly died of shock when she handed in a Charms paper) and scolding herself when she became distracted.

With Transfiguration, she struggled more to stay focused. Nothing about the subject appealed to her. Every now and then she would feel herself slip back into her old habits in that class - making paper airplanes, doodling on desks, passing notes to Sirius - but Lily would always shake her back into discipline.

Oh, yes - Lily was her brand new Transfiguration tutor. When McGonagall had proposed getting Genevieve a tutor, she had been hoping to be paired with Remus. He was understanding, patient and explained things in a way that made sense. Lily was these things as well - she just liked to be a lot more scarier about it. The redhead made Genevieve revise with her three times a week in the library, skimming over books and casting various spells on different objects. Sometimes Toby joined them as his intelligence when it came to Transfiguration was almost genius-like.

Lily was so insistent about getting things things perfect that it made Genevieve want to get things right first try. She never did, but she was able to cast enchantments a lot quicker than she had ever before. Lily was strict and taught fast, so you had to pay attention and listen to her - keeping up was the only option. Perhaps this was also why Genevieve was improving - she was too scared to fall behind.

So swept away in pursuing academic excellence, Genevieve hadn't realised that a trip to Hogsmeade was at the weekend. Usually she would count down the days and lay awake at night thinking about all the treats she could by from Honeydukes or the sweet Butterbeer she would drink at The Three Broomsticks.

"You and Remus don't have to come with us to Hogsmeade, you know," James said to Genevieve as they walked together to Quidditch practice, his wild hair being battered by the wind. "You two are together now."

Genevieve raised an eyebrow. "Sounds like you want to get rid of us."

"Not at all," James replied. "I just thought you might enjoy a date or whatever." He paused and then said, "Padfoot has a date, too."

Genevieve glanced at him, noticing his thoughtful look. He had more to say and she could too. "You're surprised?" she asked, amused. "It's Sirius."