TWENTY FOUR

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Lily Evans believed that James Potter was the most arrogant, conceited and obnoxiously loud boy she had the misfortune to have stumbled across. Ever since first year, the boy followed her around like a shadow, never straying away from his attempts to woo the girl.

Constantly in misery whenever the boy was around, Lily wanted nothing more than for him to just go away and leave her alone. No matter how many times she had insulted him or screamed in his face for asking her out, he still remained insistent on his quest to win her love.

But while sat in the girls dormitory's, listening to Lily rant about how James had blew up a cauldron in potions, Genevieve couldn't help but snicker.

"How stupid can you get? I mean come on, all you're doing is reading a book and adding the ingredients," Lily argued into the air, making both Gen and Marlene exchange a look.

"What was that?"

The two girls watched as the redheads piercing green eyes narrowed, shooting daggers that would make even the devil himself flinch.

"What was what?" Marlene asked, crossing her legs over in order to seem more casual but both girls could see the fear that flashed before her eyes.

"That look," Lily seethed through gritted teeth, flicking her finger between the two girls, "I saw that look."

Genevieve looked pleadingly at Marlene, silently begging her to explain instead of herself as she would much rather avoid death until she was old and grey. Marlene laid back in her bed with a grin, gesturing with her hand for Gen to continue.

Genevieve looked over at Lily with fearful eyes. "Well...it's just that - Well I mean- "

"Spit it out, babe," Marlene chimed in, looking at the non-existent watch on her freckled wrist.

Gen groaned and prepared herself for death, knowing that Lily's temper was enough for her to commit murder.

"Well... for someone who claims that they hate him so much, you sure do talk about him a lot,"she explained, making her voice sound more sweet in hopes that it would help her.

Genevieve and Marlene watched as Lily stopped pacing and turned slowly on her heels to face them both. Her fists clenched into tight balls of rage and her nose scrunched up distastefully.

As soon as that happened though, Lily unclenched her fists and smiled sweetly at the two, making them even more scared. She let out a bitter laugh and shook her head before looking back up at them.