FOURTEEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Genevieve's room was exactly how she left it before leaving for Hogwarts

Gold fairy lights lined the beige walls, illuminating the room and making it homely. Both wizarding and muggle books (mostly muggle) were stacked up in several piles on the floor and on her wooden desk. The net curtains were still pulled back, displaying the beach not so far away and her bed in the middle of the room was still messy from the last time she slept in it.

"You could at least make some effort to clean your room, you know," Mrs Lewis suggest, leaning on the doorway with her hands crossed.

"Or you could do it," Genevieve gave her a look jokingly.

"You scream at me whenever I go into your room, honey," Mary chuckled.

"You scream at me to get out the kitchen whenever you're cooking," Gen challenged her mother, sitting herself on the edge of her bed.

"Ten minutes you've been home and you're already giving me grief," Mrs Lewis scolded playfully, throwing her hands up and making her way to the staircase.

"You love me really!"

The Lewis house wasn't the biggest house but it also wasn't the smallest, in a way it was perfect. Attending Hogwarts was a dream for Genevieve and she had claimed it as her second home, but nothing compared to the one here. No matter how much magic hovered inside the walls of Hogwarts, more magic was made in the house she grew up in.

A soft knocking came from the bedroom door making Genevieve's attention turn to it. Anna stood with a plate of hot brownies in her hand and chocolate sauce in the other, making Genevieve's eyes glimmer in hunger.

"Dad and I made these earlier today, we just reheated them," she explained and sat on the rug in the middle of the room, placing the brownies and sauce in front of her.

"Might need to make some more because i'll be eating the lot," Genevieve suggested greedily while moving to sit across from her sister.

"Fine by me," Anna murmured, pouring the chocolate sauce all over the brownies messily, sticking her tongue out in concentration by habit.

The younger girl sat back and observed her work, giving it a nod of approval and flicked her platinum hair behind her shoulders sassily. "Bon Appetit," she giggled, exaggerating a french accent.

Genevieve took no time in scoffing down half of the brownies down while Anna did the exact same.

Anna gossiped about all the 9-year old drama to a very amused Gen for an hour so before stalking off to her room to go to sleep.