TWELVE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The first Quidditch game of the year was always an exhilarating one. Genevieve felt that when she and her fellow teammates played Hufflepuff at the beginning of December.

Gryffindor had absolutely demolished their opponents and threw a party in celebration that lasted throughout the whole of the night.

Sirius and James were both drunken fools, Peter was dancing merrily whereas a very sober Remus watched them all incase they needed support.

Genevieve, not being much of a party person, stayed upstairs the whole time reading. Marlene came up and tried to drag her out a few times but on her 5th try she didn't get very far as she had collapsed onto her bed and fallen straight asleep.

Some Hufflepuffs were still weeping over their loss though even a week after, Toby being one of them.

"I'm your friend Genevieve, you could have at least been a bit more nicer on the pitch instead of aiming bludgers at me," he sighed as they walked through the halls together.

"It's the aim of the game though!" She argued, trying to stifle her laughter.

"Is it really worth our friendship?" Toby pouted amd crossed his arms.

"Yes."

They turned a corner and both stopped instantly at what they saw.

Bradley and some random girl were kissing in the middle of the hallway, unknowing of the other twos presence. Toby swallowed thickly and looked away, hurriedly walking back the way they had came. What he didn't see, however. was Bradley awkwardly and gently pushing the girl off him before running away from her while profusely apologising.

Genevieve saw it happen though, and she couldn't help but laugh at Bradley's mortified face as he ran away.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Why are we even doing this?"

"Because your transfiguration skills are awful and if you carry on like this you're not going to pass your OWLs"

Genevieve hit her head against the table, startling Remus a little who was across from her.

They had been in the library for a little over an hour now and Remus was voluntarily tutoring her so she didn't get a failing grade. So far turning an apple into a plate wasn't going too well.

"Just try the spell again, you'll get there eventually," he encouraged her.

She said the enchantment but it failed once again, turning the once solid apple into a glass one. With a lazy flick of his wrist, Remus turned it back normal and laughed a little at her impatience.