EIGHT

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As Remus hurried Genevieve towards the hospital wing, she couldn't help but feel slightly perplexed.

Remus Lupin– the usually calm and reasonable Remus Lupin– had just punched someone with so much force that it managed to break someone's nose.

"Remus," Genevieve said in bewilderment. He turned to look at her in interest. "What on earth?"

Remus looked at her in confusion as they kept walking. "What do you mean?"

"You just have Hunter a right whack yet you're acting totally casual about it," Genevieve explained with furrowed eyebrows, although it sounded more like she was asking a question.

It took Remus a few seconds to register Genevieve's words before he spoke again. He turned to her with a strange sort of smile. "I did just give someone a right whack, didn't I?"

"Well yeah," Genevieve said obviously.

The corners of Remus's lips lifted themselves to create a full grin— a proud grin, even. "Fancy that, eh?" He laughed. "Never thought in a million years that I would be the type of person to punch someone."

Throughout the rest of the journey to the Hospital Wing, Remus occasionally chuckled here and there, and Genevieve couldn't wrap her mind around what was so funny.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As soon as the Hospital Wing doors opened, Madam Pomfrey walked straight over to Genevieve and Remus with the sort of look that made them both think that she had been expecting them.

"Dear heavens," Pomfrey muttered when she caught a glimpse at  Genevieves arm which was turning more purple by the minute.

"Because that's ever so reassuring, Poppy. Really, I do appreciate it," Genevieve said flatly.

"Why am I not surprised that a Gryffindor is here. Tryouts today, was it?" She asked with one raised eyebrow.

"You must be a mind reader," Genevieve gasped while gesturing to her Quidditch uniform.

"Less of the cheek, madam," Pomfrey scolded with a stern edge to her voice. She guided Genevieve towards an empty bed and Remus trailed along behind them. "Best take a seat before we start."

Genevieve's eyebrows furrowed into a straight line. "Before we start what?"

"This." Without any warning, Pomfrey started prodding at different parts on her arm.

If Genevieve had known that the nurse was going to jab and poke at her newly broken limb, then she would have gone straight to Lily and ask if she could help magically cure it. After all, it was Lily— she was able to do almost anything. Tt was Remus's stern glare that kept her in seated. 'Behave' he was telling her almost telepathically.