THIRTY SIX

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I expect you've had your fun already, yes? That stunt you pulled at the feast was certainly more than attention grabbing."

Genevieve bit down on her bottom lip harshly and kept her gaze locked on the table in front of her. If she made eye contact with anyone else then she knew she was bound to start laughing, and she wasn't sure if she would be able to stop.

Professor McGonagall was stood with her hands held firmly on her hips and a stern look on her face. While handing out timetables to the Gryffindor table, she had taken her opportunity to lecture five certain Gryffindors about their behaviour and remind them of Hogwarts expectations.

"You're quite right, Minnie," answered James, his face innocent. "It was quite fun. Actually, it was tons of fun. Best night of my life, in all honesty."

"Well it wasn't for everyone else, Mr Potter," McGonagall scolded.

Sirius snorted into his pumpkin juice, and Genevieve had to slap a hand over her mouth in order to stop her giggles from being heard. After being fixed with a disapproving glare, McGonagall carried on.

"While you and your band of Merry Men were running around doing heaven knows what, everyone else was sat in the stench that you plagued upon us all!"

"Merry Men?" James asked in feigned puzzlement. "But we have a woman in our group?"

With that final comment, the laughter that Genevieve, Sirius and Peter had tried so hard to keep tame finally released itself from their grips.

With her hand clutching onto her stomach, Genevieve nuzzled her head into Sirius's shoulder as she burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Sirius was no better than her— he was on the verge of tears at James's angelic act and had his arm around Genevieve's back to help stabilise them both. Peter was on the other side of the table with his head tucked into his arms so nobody saw how red in the face he was going.

A perplexed frown had embedded its way onto on Remus's face s he watched them all guffaw at James's answers. Perhaps the situation would have been funnier if he had been a perpetrator of the prank- but instead he was a victim of it. Now he understand why the rest of the students got annoyed whenever their group had pranked them.

A long sigh came from McGonagall as she began handing out their timetables. "I don't know why I bother anymore, but I will say the same thing that I have each year." She gave them all one last look of warning. "Behave."

"You won't have to ask us twice, Minnie," assured James with a salute.

Professor McGonagall glanced briefly at the still laughing Sirius and Genevieve. "I think we both know that's a lie." She narrowed her eyes at Genevieve. "Shirt, Lewis," she reminded, the girl begrudgingly tucking it in. She was about to carry on her walk down the table when she stopped abruptly. "Oh, and Potter," McGonagall started.