FIFTY TWO

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

It was cold. Probably the coldest conditions that Gryffindor team had practiced in all year. There was no wind, no snow, no rain. Just cold. -4° to be exact. Their bodies had become completely numb by now, and their captains complete ruthlessness over them was no help. With them playing against Slytherin in the upcoming match, he was taking the Quidditch finals very, very seriously.

"Silvy."

Genevieve had stepped onto the Quidditch pitch with one of James's much too big jackets over the top of her Quidditch uniform. It really didn't help to defend her from the freezing weather, but she wore it anyway because it was one extra layer of clothing. Plus, it was extremely comfy.

Eventually, the team began to warm up. James had ordered them to do passing skills with a Quaffle for a while, before advancing everyone to bat Bludgers at each other. Instead of passing the Bludger, Sirius had been whacking them straight at Marcus in hopes to knock him off his broom. He found amusement in watching the seventh year wobbly dodge them, but the grin had been wiped clean off his face when Marcus started doing the same back.

"Silvs?"

They moved onto dodging Bludgers soon after, and of course James was the best at this. Him and Jessie had a little competition between them, and while Jessie was still an amazing Quidditch player, he lacked the speed and delicacy James presented.

Imogen and Lin had taken it upon each other to buddy up at every given moment, and now they were the best of Quiddtich friends, practically inseparable for any task. Lin had been practicing his quick turn-ups when it came to flying close to the ground, and Imogen had been teaching him the easiest way to remain balanced while doing this. She was an expert in this area.

"Hello, anyone home?"

That left Genevieve. While everyone else had occupied themselves in their own groups of two, she had been left stranded by herself. She didn't mind as she hadn't even noticed. She was too busy stealing glances at the Remus Lupin. He was sat in the Gryffindor stands with an old book closed in his lap and Peter by his side. Before, he had been concentrating on the pages and words of the book, but he ended up shutting it and dedicating his whole focus on the training.

"Genevieve Mary Lewis!"

Genevieve blinked herself back into focus and turned to James with a sorry smile. "Yes?"

"I've been saying your name for ages," he said, a frown on his face, "Do you know what you're doing?"

They were both floating on their brooms, hovering in the air while the others whizzed around a bit over. Genevieve tried her hardest to remember what he had told them to do, but she had been too busy staring over at Remus, unbeknownst to her. "Erm..." there was a pause, and then smiled apologetically again, "no."