FIFTY

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

Kings Cross Station never faltered to be busy. More particularly, Platform 9 3/4 never failed to be busy. Genevieve had arrived with all of her friends (excluding Lily as she had gone home from the Potters early to spend more time with her muggle family) and was now holding on tightly to the suitcases her mother had completely reorganised prior her trip to the Potters. She was fearful they might get swept away in the crowd.

"Careful, Wormtail," Sirius warned Peter, catching the stumbling boy before he fell flat on his face. "Don't want an injury now, do we?"

"I can't help it if people fall into me and knock me over," Peter retorted, "That's their fault, not mine."

Genevieve caught sight of Lily not so far away, her hair glowing orange and a sullen look on her face. She turned to all the boys. "None of you mind if I go to Lily, do you?" she asked them all.

James perked up at the mention of the girls name, his neck craning above the crowd as he searched for her. Once he did, his eyes lit up and a beam spread across his face. It dropped slightly as he spotted the frown she was wearing. "Can I come? She doesn't look too happy," he worried.

"I don't think you being there will make her any happier, Prongs," Remus said dryly.

Sirius snickered. "She makes a hot chocolate for you once and now you're convinced she's in love with you."

Genevieve shot them both glares to which they hastily shut up. She smiled kindly at James. "Ignore them, Prongs, they like to make fun because they're both jealous that you prefer Lily over them. That hot chocolate was the start of something good," she assured, "I just know it."

"Yeah, even if she did indirectly threaten to poison you."

James's face pulled into a confused frown. "How do you know about that? I never told you guys about that part," he questioned, and then his eyes went wide. "Were you spying on me, Wormtail?"

A bright shade of red blossomed across Peter's cheeks. "I- It wasn't just me!" he defended himself nervously, taking a cautious step away from James for good measure. "Gen was with me too, and it was all her idea anyway! I didn't even want to do it, my stomach was still hurting!"

James turned to Genevieve to ask if that was true, but the girl was already fleeing into the crowd in Lily's direction to avoid a scolding. When she looked over her shoulder to send him a wide, and most definitely pleased with herself grin, he made sure to two fingers up in response.

Soon enough, Genevieve was stood with arms wrapped around Lily, a toothy smile on her face. Lily's mood had lightened the minute she saw the girl, and now she was laughing into her embrace.

"You're happy, arent you?" Gen asked, the smile not leaving her face.

"More like thankful," Lily said quietly, her eyes flicking momentarily to the boy at Petunia's side. Genevieve had to hide her grimace at first, but after she realised he was fixing her with the most disgusted look possible, her eyes sharpened into a piercing glare that made the mans gaze instantly avert to the ground.