FORTY ONE

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

Genevieve held her near-to-breaking quill with such an intense grip that her knuckles had turned a perfect shade of white. With piercing eyes, she glared at Severus Snape as he sneered back through his curtains of greasy black hair.

Professor Flitwick's voice was high-pitched and loud, yet it only sounded muffled to her. She felt like she was underwater, but her vision was perfect and she could only see Snape. Staring competitions had become quite common between them since the new school year had started, but they were never played in a child-like way. This had meaning. If looks could kill, both of them would be dead in an instant.

"Im tired of ignoring you glaring at Snivellous whenever he's in your eyesight," Sirius said. They had luckily been seated next to each other. "What's he done now?"

"It's not what he's done, it's what he's going to do." Genevieve scoffed bitterly. "Or what he says he's going to do."

"And what's that?" Sirius sat upright suddenly, his features contorting as his demeanour turned dire. "He's not threatening to hurt you, is he?"

Genevieve's lip curled upwards victoriously as she saw Snape finally turn his attention back to Flitwick. "No," said she. "However, I do have a strong feeling that he's stalking us."

Sirius's eyes went circular. "What? I mean, I'm not surprised. He's a total creep. Well, he was always creepy towards Evans anyway. But you think he's stalking us?"

Genevieve nodded and shifted so she was leaning closer to him. "He's been dropping hints to me in the corridors or in classrooms about Remus's furry little problem," she informed him with a hushed tone. "At first I thought he was just doing it for his own entertainment, or pretending that he knew something at least, but now I'm not too sure."

"So what does that mean for Remus?"

She frowned. "It means that he needs to be careful and keep better watch over himself."

A long, irritated sigh sounded from Sirius. He sat back in his seat and folded his arms. "If Snivellous keeps digging then tell me."

Genevieve glanced down at Sirius's hands clenched into fists. She raised an eyebrow. "Not if you're going to resort to pummelling his head into the ground."

"Why can't I do that?"

"Because it's a stupid idea."

"How is it?" Sirius scoffed.

Standing directly in front of them,Professor Flitwick coughed out an interrupting 'ahem'. "Miss Lewis and Mr Black, please refrain yourselves from talking over the top of me," he scolded them, but his squeaky voice took away any sort of intimidation he thought he held over them.