SEVENTY SEVEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Remus and Genevieve shouldn't have felt like parents at the ripe age of 17, but as they sat their friends down for a conversation in the boys dormitory, they couldn't help but be reminded of their own mothers and fathers.

Genevieve had convinced Remus to do all the talking because "I can't waste all my energy talking in case any violence breaks out!". It was a poor excuse that made Remus laugh, but also become fearful of revealing their newfound relationship.

It had been three days since their conversation in Potions, three days of leaving the boys in the dark and three days of worriedly plotting plans to tell them. Perhaps they had been putting it off on purpose. They couldn't deny that keeping each other a secret was exciting, being undiscovered by everyone else and living in their own little world - it meant that nobody could spoil them, because nobody knew there was a them. Remus and Genevieve, Genevieve and Remus. Maybe that was how they liked it.

But it couldn't stay that way and they knew it. That's why they had gathered the three boys with the intent to tell them. It was easy enough to say that they would do it, but when it came down to the real thing it was a lot harder than expected. Remus fiddled with his fingers and shifted his weight from foot to foot, doing anything to keep his nerves at bay while Genevieve looked down at the floorboards, trying not to make eye contact with any of them.

"You shagged."

Remus's eyes went wide as he looked at Sirius. "Excuse me?" he stuttered, shocked.

"You shagged," Sirius enunciated, slowly.

"What? No!" Remus yelled.

"Gross!" Genevieve cringed.

"Yeah, gross!" Remus agreed. After a moment, and when he finally understood, he leaned into her and quietly repeated, "Gross?"

"Definitely not," she reassured, earning an understanding nod from him.

"Just admit it," Sirius protested. "We've seen you two rendezvousing in broom cupboards on the Marauders Map!"

"You're taking this too for out of picture," Remus grappled to explain, stammering over his words. "We weren't-"

"Don't lie to us," James said, pointing an authoritative finger at them. "Nobody goes into a broom cupboard for twenty minutes unless they're-"

"You TIMED us?!" Genevieve shouted, narrowing her green eyes.

"You were in there a long time!" James defended.