FORTY THREE

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

The Quidditch match had been a success, proof that all of James's hard work on the team had payed off magnificently. Hufflepuff had been beaten in only twenty minutes, a sign that the new Gryffindor team was one of excellence. Victory had never tasted so sweet to Genevieve, especially after she saw Toby on the verge of tears after losing.

There had been a party in the Gryffindor common room to celebrate just like Sirius said there would be. Most of their year attended it, disqualifying the few select Slytherins who were more than unwelcome. Unlike he said he would, Sirius didn't manage to drag Genevieve out from the safety of her dormitory despite his many attempts. He had bribed her with gingerbread men and a butterbeer on him the next time they went to Hogsmeade, but she still refused to join the party.

The morning after, Genevieve sat in the common room impatiently waiting for the rest of the boys to come down the stairs. They were taking longer than usual to get ready. Lily and Marlene had already headed to the Great Hall for breakfast after Genevieve insisted that it was fine they didn't wait for her.

James came down the stairs first and greeted Genevieve with a grin. It was obvious he was a morning person, he always had been since their first year.

"You look like you're glowing for someone who I heard was drunk last night," Genevieve said as he approached her. "Lily made sure to have a rant about how you're ten times more annoying while drunk."

"I got her attention though, didn't I?" He threw himself down next to Genevieve on the largest sofa and threw his legs onto the top of hers.

Genevieve patted his shin and smiled wryly. "For all the wrong reasons, Bambi."

James frowned. "Bambi? What's a Bambi?"

Genevieve had to stifle her laughter. "It's nothing."

Peter came down the stairs next, rubbing his eyes to get the sleep out of them. "Morning Gen," he said as he sat on the single sofa next to them.

A slow thumping noise came from the stairs as Sirius appeared into view. He was sluggishly dragging his feet along the ground towards them, almost like it was painful for him to move. Genevieve was sore from the match, but she was still able to move perfectly fine. From the way Sirius was fighting to keep his eyes open and kept swallowing thickly, however, she could tell that he wasn't sore from the match.

"Someone's hungover," Genevieve said amusedly, watching as he winced when she spoke.

Sirius slowly pressed a finger to his lips and looked at her through squinted eyes. "Sh. Too loud," he hushed her and sat in the nearest armchair. Genevieve was talking in her normal pitch of voice, which only fed her amusement more.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like death. I am in need of scrambled eggs within the next five minutes," said Sirius as he pushed his hair out of his face. "What about you? How are you feeling?"