Chapter 44

I woke up the next morning with Randy’s arms around me and it was the best feeling ever. I rolled over and kissed his cheek to wake him up, and thankfully it worked. His eyes opened and he turned his head slightly so our lips would meet.

After the good morning kiss we rolled out of bed and walked downstairs for some breakfast. When we got downstairs we saw the girls were up and eating breakfast and were dressed. We sat down next to them after getting our coffee and said our good morning wishes.

“So what are you two doing today?” Randy asked the girls

“Today is Thursday Daddy so we have school; will you and mommy take us this morning? We are in kindergarten and it is fun”

We looked at each other and then at Elaine who walked in at that point.

“Of Course we will, we just need Grandma to let us know where it is.”

“Girls go get your stuff while I give mom and dad directions.”

5 minutes later we left the house and were driving the girls to kindergarten. Dropped them off around 8 with hugs and kisses and then Randy and I drove back to his house where we were going to relax for today.

We walked in to the house and looked around for Elaine and Bob. We figured they were gone when we saw and read the note from the kitchen table.

‘Kaity and Randy,                                   

We figured you two would like some time alone. So today is your day, spend some time together and Randy, show her around the house. Your father and I won’t be home until 5 when we pick up the girls. Find something to eat there we will feed them while we are out.

Love you both,

Mom and Dad’

Randy and I read it and when we were done and set it down back on the table Randy picked me up, threw me over his shoulder and carried me upstairs to his room where he set me on the bed before lying next to me. Through our laughs Randy asked, “So darling what do you want to do today?”

“Well let’s start with a tour of the house,”

“Sounds like a good start”

The house was huge 2 story 3 bedroom 4 bathrooms. Ridiculous! The backyard was crazy and led to a small creek.

Next we went back to Randy’s room and he told me about the pictures on his walls, and all of his friends and memories. He was so happy reliving it all; the smile never left his face.

When we finished that task Randy made us lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup. After lunch we went back up to Randy’s room and were just lying there until I remembered the pictures in his closet.

I was apprehensive about asking him about it but knew that if I didn’t I would always second guess the decision.

“Randy?”

“Yea babe?”

“You know how you have pictures in your closet on your dresser?”

“No, what pictures?”

I got up and grabbed them and showed him and when he saw the picture album and frames his emotion switched to hostile.

“What about them Kaity?”

“Would you mind sharing them with me?”

Randy sighed and patted the bed next to him as he sat up.