Chapter 46

When we woke up the next morning we went downstairs and everyone was in a somber mood knowing we had to leave again.

We ate breakfast and repacked our stuff before walking downstairs and having our girls run and jump into our arms.

“Mommy, do you have to leave again?” Britney asked me and had the saddest face on. I looked to Randy for support and he let out a breath and nodded.

I looked back at Britney and saw Kenzie also looking at me. I set Brit down and Randy followed before I asked Randy to take my stuff to the car while I talk to the girls.

He nodded and picked up our stuff as I took the girls’ hands and led them to the living room where they sat on the couch and I sat on the table in front of them.

“Girls, you know that dad and I don’t want to leave right?”

They nodded slowly so I continued, “Well, we have to leave so you can have a good life. I know we don’t get to see you often and that kills us too. But you know we love you and this is our job and how we get money so we can spend it and time with you. Okay?”

“Yes mom, we know.”

“Now girls I know you love to watch our shows right?’ they both nodded at the thought. ‘Well during the show Mommy and Daddy have to pretend to not like each other.”

The girls looked confused, and I knew they needed more explanation.

“This pretending is all for a story we are playing out for work. So promise me that you won’t believe what happens on the show, and you can’t tell anyone besides grandma and grandpa about the story okay. This is a big secret are you sure you can keep it for us?”

The girls nodded glad that we trusted them with a big secret. They stuck their pinky promise out and I grabbed it with mine so we pinky promised that they wouldn’t say anything.

Just at this time Randy came in and picked the girls up in a hug. He sat them down a few seconds later so they ran over to me where I did the same. Randy wrapped his arms around us and spoke.

“We love you girls so much, you will never know. And we will miss you unbelievably much.”

“Us too daddy,” Kenzie spoke

 “How about every night you call us around 5 so we can talk about our days. Okay?” I asked

The girls screamed approval and we set them down so they could walk us to the door with grandma and grandpa so we could leave.

With one last hug and kiss to the girls and a hug and goodbye from Elaine and Bob, Randy and I got in the car and he drove off as I waved goodbye.

We were pulling off the side street when I stopped waving and sat defeated in the car. Randy held his hand out so I could hold it and I did just to give me something to hold.

I thought of how I just left two of the most important parts of my life behind and a tear fell down my face.

Randy noticed and spoke, “I’d say it gets easier but it doesn’t.”

“How do you do it?”

“This is why I come only a few times every few months. I would move back in a heartbeat if I came home every weekend.”

“I want to move back now, but I know I need this job and I’m so very fortunate for it and for you.”

Randy smiled at me before moving on to a new section of conversation.

“So what did you talk to the girls about?”

“I just told them how we didn’t want to leave either then that when they watch the show that we are playing a story and none of it is true. And you were there for the call around 5. So that means at 5 we have to meet up every night and act annoyed so we can talk to the girls.”

“Oh okay, I hate having to act annoyed around you but it’s worth it if I get to see your face.” Randy still holding my hand brought it up to his lips and left a soft kiss on the back of it.

We were just outside of town when Randy pulled to the side of the road and turned to me.

“Kaity in a few miles we once again have to act annoyed with each other. Can I have one kiss to get me through it?”

I leant over and granted his wish easily. We were back on the road 5 minutes later in a little better of a mood. We got to the airport with 2 hours until our flight which we sat at the terminal reading and acting bored though we were sending messages to each other.

5 people came up and asked for autographs and pictures from the both of us. When the last group of a little boy and his dad walked away I got a text from Randy.

‘Did you hear that little boy?’

‘No? Why?’

‘When I was done with the picture he looked me in the eye pointed towards you and said, ‘you should pick her she is better and prettier than AJ’.

‘Awe maybe I should pick that little boy at least he knows what is going on.’

‘You know I’m sorry for that and I will hate myself every day for the rest of my life for doing that to you and our girls though they didn’t really know what was going on.’

‘I know, but it is so fun teasing you’

We continued to message each other the entire flight, yet when we got to the airport in Atlanta I picked up my luggage he picked his up and we took separate taxis to the hotel.

We didn’t talk again until the clock read 430 and we had been back for almost 3 hours. We decided to talk to the girls we would just meet in the hallway

We talked to the girls and with a quick hand holding time we walked to our own rooms where we fell asleep.

 I don’t know about him but I had a tough time falling asleep without him near me; even with sleeping in one of his shirts.

I woke up the next morning and after a quick breakfast I went to the gym where I saw the rest of the roster working together this morning. I see Nattie, Kelly, and Nick so I walk over to visit with them for a few moments before we got to work.

“Hey you three how was your weekend?” I asked as I entered the group

“Ehh, I went to some shopping thing in Milan and did a photo shoot, nothing big.” Kelly said.

“I went home visited family, and bought a new pair of shoes to deal with not seeing your beautiful face.” Nattie spoke, and I laughed at her reason to feed her shoe obsession.

“And I,’ nick started as we all got to our warm up spots, ‘I went home and caught up on all of my shows that have been recording. I went to a club one night and saw a girl I dated from high school and got her number.”

We all laughed at Nick and said some immature remark like, ‘Get some Nick!’ After we all warmed up and worked on some new stuff for Raw tonight; the clock read noon. We all showed and went to lunch at some Italian restaurant down the street. We had just ordered when I got a message from Randy.

‘Morning gorgeous! How did you sleep?’

‘Morning my love! And terribly without you’

‘Same here so what’s up?’

By this time everyone was bringing me into the conversation.

“So Kaity you never told us what you did this weekend,’ Nattie asked with a suggestive wink at the end.

“I went to go see my girls! I miss them so much! But I had to go with Randy, since the girls live at his parent’s and they call us mom and dad so I need to go with him. We don’t want all of this to get involved with them.” The group nodded in understanding of my weekend, and I added in, ‘Oh and I have to meet up with Randy every day at 5 so we can call the girls. That will be fun, since he is so insufferable!”

We all laugh and move subjects until lunch showed up. We ate in almost silence before paying and heading to the arena.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay!!!