Chapter 26

We woke up before the girls for the first time in ages around 3am. We put the final things in the car and gently woke the girls up enough so they could grab their stuffed animal and pillow so Randy and I could take them out to the car and buckle them up.

    We were on the road by 4. Randy drove the first half of the drive while I stayed up to keep him up since we only had a few hours of sleep. We switched off in Salt Lake City after a small breakfast around 8am when I took over the driver’s seat. I was wide awake and so were the girls so far on the trip so we were playing music and telling stories and laughing while Randy had his music on and slept. Talking made the last 5 hours go quickly. And before we knew it we were pulling into the hotel basically in the middle of our destinations around 1pm.

    We all took our things into the hotel room and set up camp before going to get a lunch. It was simple and we were back to the hotel by 3 so we could decide on our plans for the time here.

    We were all just sitting there and I noticed that we had nothing planned for today until tonight. The girls were on one bed Randy and I were on the other so when nobody expected it I jumped over and tickled Britney. She was laughing so hard she was gasping trying to say ‘help’ but it wasn’t working very well. Still Kenzie knew and jumped and started tickling me. I could barely feel it but I still yelled for help so Randy got up and started tickling her. It was a complete tickle fest until the girls said uncle and out of breath we sat on our respective beds.

    The tickle fight lasted 20 minutes and to spend the rest of the time we decided to go down to the pool to swim for a few hours before getting ready for dinner with my family tonight. Yes we would be spending the day with them tomorrow but I have my dinner with Randy’s parents tomorrow.

    When we got down to the pool nobody was there so we all got in. Thankfully both girls know how to swim roughly so to help Randy and I would swim slowly away and they would have to catch us. We did this until our fingers got all prune like. Then we all went upstairs to change and go to dinner.    

    We reached my Aunt’s around 6 and I felt at home. We walked to the back of the house and I saw my family. The kids ran up to greet us all; they gave the girls hugs or waved hello then ran to me to receive hugs and wave hello to Randy. All the kids accept 2 that I roughly recognized. I dismissed the thought and focused on the girls.

    Brit and Kenzie ran up and jumped on my parent’s laps to say hello and my Aunt came from behind them and scooped them up from behind to get hugs. She in a joking manner reprimanded them for not giving her a hug first and they laughed as they apologized. She kissed their cheeks and set them off to go play with the other kids.

    Randy and I lagged behind but walked up to greet everyone. My parent’s once again welcomed Randy with open arms and my Aunt made fun of us both like she always had. We were sitting around the table and watching the kids when I remembered to ask my parents who those kids were.

    “Hey ma, whose kids are those? The little girl in the blue shirt and jean shorts and the boy in the swim trunks and fox racing shirt, don’t look familiar” I asked and before my mom could finish I heard the back door to the house shut and as I looked towards it I heard my answer but not from my mother.

    “You don’t remember those two angels? Jeez Kaity I know I haven’t seen you in 5 or so years but I didn’t think you would forget that much.” I turned to see my best friend from high school Lizzie standing there with her hands on her hips like they always were when we were talking.

    I stood up and ran into a hug. True I haven’t seen her in 5 years and it was killing me. Lizzie and I became great friends during my freshman year and her junior. We were friends her senior but when she went off to college we lost touch. I pulled out of the hug and really looked her over. She looked so good way better than the last time I heard from her when she was in college going to parties all the time.

    She smiled and we walked over to the table where she sat on the other side facing me.

    “So how have you been. Never would have thought you had kids!” I said

    “I’ve been great. And they aren’t mine technically. They are my step kids, but I love them like my own.”

    “Wait, step kids, implying you are married to their father,’ at the mention of marriage her face grew and she held out her left hand that held a huge ring on the ring finger.

    “Oh My God! I can’t believe it! Who is he? Where does he work? He knows if he breaks your heart he will be in the hospital right? My god Lizzie I’m so happy for you!”

    “Haha thanks his name is Tyler he is at work right now here in IF. He works for a managing company as the CEO. And yes he does.” She smiled and I could see this guy was good for her. I decided we could get more information later and just sat back and mulled it all over.

    All my friends from high school are already either married, have kids, have a good steady job, or have it all. I sighed when I thought of how behind I was from everybody but I guess these are sacrifices I have to make. I was drawn out of my dream land by Lizzie’s voice.

    “So how have you been girl? New man I see, last time I heard you were still with Justin,” she said

    “Yeah, I’ve been good getting better lots of hardships lately. Since Audri’s death I now am the legal guardian of her daughter. And this is Randy he is my current fling,’ I blushed and chuckled as I said this and I looked at Randy to see that sinister smirk on his face that made me want to kiss him so bad. I coughed to clear the air and continued, ‘We have been kind of thrown into this together. We have been dating for what now for a little over 4 months. We live together with Kenzie and his daughter Britney. As for Justin we broke up almost 3 years ago when he got together with his current wife Bailey.”

    “Wow,’ she responded, ‘Never thought that life would be yours.”

    I smiled and said, “It’s okay neither did I,’ I took the moment to look at the girls laughing and Randy looking down at me before finishing, ‘But I’m kind of glad it is”.

    We all sat there for a few moments before my Aunt came out to announce dinner was ready. We all ate hamburgers and hotdogs before cleaning up and starting a campfire at the fire pit by the canal in their backyard.

    We sat around ate s’mores and told stories mostly of me and my childhood. Need less to say it was really embarrassing and Randy took every opportunity to make fun of me for it.

    We said our goodbyes around 9 and drove to the hotel where we went straight to bed. The next day I was dreading, it was the first time I meet Randy’s parents.

    This shall be fun.

-----------------------

Look there is already another Chapter !!!! YAYYYYYYYYY no writing for tonight and no tomorrow or the next night but maybe once the week starts again. :D

Love, Rocketships, and butterfly kisses

Kaity