Chapter 2

As soon as we left the main part of the arena we had about every superstar surrounding us, and ushering us into Triple H’s office. We just closed the door as Kelly Kelly and Eve went out for the first Diva match all night.

     We entered the office to see Triple H, his wife Stephanie, and Randy’s wife all standing there waiting. The tension was tight, and I tried to leave with the rest of the stars, yet I was dramatically pulled back to Randy’s side. I stood there awkwardly until someone broke the tension

      “Why?” Randy’s wife looked at me like I was lower than she and if there is one thing you don’t do is look down on me.

     “Please, don’t look at me like that. I have no idea why I’m here either so don’t go pointing fingers –“ I was interrupted by Randy, “Do you want the truth?” with a silent head nod by both of us he proceeded.

     “Well, you’re not going to like this, but do you know how I never believed in love at first sight? Well, she changed my mind. I saw her, and it was like we were the only two in the entire world. I heard her shaky voice and my heart went wild. I saw her shirt, that happens to be my old apex predator shirt, and my stomach felt like I had been on a roller coaster for my entire life. I had to at least know her name and since nobody would let me stand there and converse with her, I had to resort to my own devices.”

     Throughout the entire thing a blush appeared on his cheeks that deepened as he continued. Yet, back to the point, I mentally agreed with everything he said, the same thing happened for me, yet in this room I would never admit it. His wife was silent and contemplating for a while before finally responding. And her first response, just happened to be to throw a punch towards me. I threw my hands up and was ready to fight, however, Randy quickly moved me so I was behind him and safe.

    “Randy, we have been together for 5 years and we have a child together. I know things aren’t the best now but, this girl comes up out of the blue and,’ she stopped talking for a moment before continuing in a calmer tone, ‘It took you months for you to let me in and for you to actually stand up for me. Yet you met this girl only a few moments ago and she is your top priority.”

    The COO and his wife left at this point leaving the 3 of us in a small office alone. Randy was being torn limb from limb over this entire thing. His whole body was tensed and the look on his face pained me to see. His sad excuse for a wife continued and when she talked she was as cold as an immortal being.

    “Well, since you seem so protective of her already I guess it would do no harm to bring something else out into the open.’ She pulled out a folder from her binder and removed a few papers. She produced a pen and handed it to him before finally speaking again with a superior look on her face. “Randy I can’t stand this life you live, never knowing how hurt you will be or when I get to see you again, I just can’t anymore. I had the papers for a few months because everything has been terrible but it was getting better. But this was the final straw; I’m not going to do it anymore. I think it is time we split and go our separate ways, I want a divorce.”

    Her words cut deep, the entire room’s atmosphere dropped and when the tension seemed to punch you in the face my phone rang. I hit ignore and after seeing the look on Randy’s face I had to say something.

    “You are a sad excuse for a person, let alone a wife. You married him knowing what his life was, and what it entailed. You knew his background it wasn’t like you just met one day and got married the next. And you have the audacity to stand in front of someone visibly hurt as he is and still look at him like you are superior.” I turned away from her disgusted and was talking to Randy when she responded.