Chapter 16

I awoke to the stupid birds (that have woken me up when I really want to sleep in for the last 10 years) chirping. I sighed and since I knew I wouldn’t be going back to sleep, I tried to get out of bed without waking Randy.

    Needless to say that was unsuccessful since I was sleeping on the side of the bed against the wall. Yet after I was up Randy went back to bed. I grabbed some comfy clothes and took a warm shower. When I got out he was still sleeping, so I wrote a quick note left it by his phone, grabbed my keys and headed out to my car.

    I just buckled up when I got a call from Roxy. I hit my Bluetooth and pulled out heading to the mall to grab some clothes since most were still in San Diego.

    “Hey hot-stuff, Oh wait you’re not Randy are you?”

    “I’m good thanks for asking Roxy, you’re always the best friend and always wondering how I am, so considerate.” I said sarcasm soaking my tone

    “Oh cut the crap you know I love you,’ I could hear her rolling her eyes, ‘Anyways, we finished the house over here do you guys need any help?”

    “Nope, we finished last night too.” I was pulling up to the mall now that just opened like 10 minutes ago.

    “Great, so bring this up to Randy but since Carlos leaves on Wednesday and the girls show up tomorrow, you want to go clubbing? We haven’t gone in a long time and since both of us have boy toys, please?”

    “You’re ridiculous you know that right?! And I’ll bring it up when he wakes up and calls me. I’m at the Galleria right now. So I’ll pick up a dress just in case. I’ll txt you though.”

    “Yeah, okay talk to you soon, byes”

    And with that I hung up right as I saw this super cute dress that would be perfect for tonight. Yet as I walked towards it, I got another call.

    “Hey, I don’t like not waking up to you in the morning.”

    “Yay!”

    “Wait what?!’ I didn’t even pay attention to the fact that he had no idea what I was talking about and just continued thinking out loud. “I picked up the dress I found in my size and I’m going to look for some more before trying them on”

    “Why are you shopping?”

    “Because silly, majority of my clothes are in San Diego, and oh before I forget, do you want to go out tonight? It would be me, you, Roxy, and Carlos going clubbing.”

    “That makes sense, and sure why not. One last party before we get the girls.”

    “Yay! Okay so I’m going to go try on these and it would be pretty awkward for me to be talking while doing that, so I’m going to go.”