Chapter 6

“Ok, where to start?”

    We had picked up the pizza and were sitting down in his hotel room when he started the conversation into more serious topics.

    “Why do you think I won’t be around anymore? I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon even as just friends.” I asked

    “Well my ex didn’t give me much hope, and each relationship has pretty much ended up like that so I don’t have a lot of good to go on. And I thought that someone might take you away from me, so I was protective.”

    “If anything is going to work out between us, then you have to trust me, that guy has to be close to God for me to completely leave you. Now, I think this is a perfect time for 20 questions, don’t you think?”

    “Sure, you start”

    “Ok, what’s your number 1 pet peeve and why?” I was honestly curious

    “That’s technically 2 questions but whatever,’ he smiled and chuckled and visibly relaxed that I was so chill about the entire thing, ‘Let’s see, my number 1 pet peeve is speaker phone in public, I don’t need to hear your conversation, and I don’t want to. What about you?”

    “PDA, I hate it when people kiss in front of me/ other people when they are alone. It is disgusting that is something you to can do in private. I don’t care if you steal a kiss now and again but every few seconds that’s disturbing.”

    “Makes since, now my turn. How many relationships have you been in?”

    “Truth or convincing lie,’ I asked

    “Truth, always truth’ you could tell he was nervous with my answer.

    “2, I but always end up as friends. How many have you been in?”

    “3 long term and 5 short. Can I take your turn, and ask who these guys were and what went wrong?”

    I laughed and shrugged my shoulders I honestly didn’t care.

    “1 his name is James and it was 6 months, we were the same age but I could tell we weren’t meant to be and I didn’t want to prolong the inevitable. Another is Justin he was 4 years older than me, he went into the military the year I went into 10th grade and broke it off with me 4 years later because he found ‘the one’ and didn’t want to hurt either of us. He was my first love and all, but now he and his wife, Bailey, are like my best friends. And Bailey and I are super close I can talk to her about everything and she doesn’t judge.”

    “So you have mostly been with older guys? I guess that makes us less awkward.”

    “Yeah, I’m really mature for my age, and I don’t think age is such a big thing if two people are meant it shouldn’t matter when they were born. Now; what about your 3 long term relationships?”

    “Well you know my latest and what went wrong, the first one I had just turned 18 and she was my high school sweetheart, her name is Bethany. We dated for 2 years and were the so say power couple of high school. She didn’t like my career choice and I wanted to pursue so she dropped me for my, at time, best friend. The 2nd was a model and a year younger than I was. Her name is Kelly, and it went wrong because we never saw each other or talked so it was a pretty mute point relationship. Next question, how would you describe yourself?”

    “Strong willed, sarcastic, loving, freaking amazing person, who uses love as a free word, but when I mean it you know.”

    “I think I’m a strong, fighting, loving, cherishing person.”

    We talked off an on for the night and fell asleep on the single bed in the small hotel room.

    We woke up and ordered in breakfast, we ate and talked until around noon when I went to the studio. We repeated this until noon on Sunday, when he had to board the plane to go to the next place for the show the next day. I took him to the airport and to the terminal where I said goodbye.

    “Hey, don’t look so sad,’ he used his finger and thumb to lift my chin and so I could look into his eyes, ‘When we are in San Diego in a month you have backstage tickets and ring side just as the old times. Plus a surprise if I can get enough strings pulled.”

    “I’m just a little sad that I just met you, but I guess I should get used to this if we are going to get any closer. And what kind of surprises I don’t like surprises Randy.”

    He chuckled before responding, ‘All I’m going to say is condition this entire time, and you need to be at peak performance when I see you next.”

    I looked at him skeptically when the stewardess called his flight to board. I ran forward and surprised us both by wrapping my arms around his torso and holding him close trying to memorize the feeling of him near me. He held me back and kissed my head before I finally let go and he waved goodbye as he walked through to the plane.

    I walked away a little disappointed when my phone went off.

Randy: I miss you already. Don’t forget to watch tomorrow. I found out a little while ago that I have to go out and speak in the middle of the ring about what happened last week. That should be fun, so watch the east coast at 6pm.

Me: I am loving the freedom…..Freak… whoops did I type that?! And have fun with that talking thing, I’ll watch and text you messages to make fun of you the entire time Miss you too.

    These few weeks were going to take forever, though I’ll look forward to Mondays and Fridays when I can watch him on the tv. This whole thing is reminding me of when I dated Justin and he was deployed.  Though this time I can talk to Randy everyday if I want where with Justin I would go months without a word, always wondering if he would come home to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

ok so new chapter, comments, critiques, anything?