Chapter 18

The weeks past and we all just sat around and bonded. I did some work preparing for the school since I told Hunter I would, but mostly just bummed around and went to the local museums with the girls. We hung out with Roxy a few random times and Britney automatically loved her. We were hanging around the Springs Preserve when my phone rang.

    “Hey hoe! What’s up?” Roxy always was the blatant one

    “Nothing hanging out with my favorite people, oh and Randy too,’ Randy turned and glared at me while I smiled and laughed, ‘What about you?”

    “Deciding what stores we will hit tomorrow when we go shopping.” I stopped mid stride and with a confused look on my face questioned my best friend on the other line.

    “Why are we going shopping?”

    “My God?! Really Kaity, my maid of honor doesn’t even realize that I am getting married in 2 weeks?”

    “Well see, with all of this stress I kind of spaced it. Please tell me your dress is picked out already,’ I restarted walking and crossed my fingers waiting for her answer, ‘Yes, I went with a bunch of my friends since I want it to be a complete surprise for the important people until that day. So tomorrow; we have to go shopping for your dress since I’m not having other people in my bridal party. Speaking of other people, Carlos wanted me to tell you that Chris is his best man and sorry.”

    “I think Carlos wants to kill me!” I responded since his best man has hated me since high school and we never have sorted our differences.

    “No, he just has no friends. And for tomorrow talk to everyone today because I told Carlos I wanted a bunch of little flower girls. So we are having his cousins, your nieces, and I wanted Kenzie and Britney if they wanted to. And if they say yes you can bring them tomorrow too. But Randy has to stay home because it is going to be a surprise for him on my wedding day. It seems so weird to say that. And before you ask because I know you will since I know you so well, Yes Randy can come and be your date I wouldn’t have it any other way. Okay I have to go loves to you!” And with that she hung up.

    I put my phone away and told the girls we have exciting stuff to talk about later tonight during our princess movie marathon. Okay in my defense I just offered the marathon choice that actually selected it, but secretly I was ecstatic.

    We all walked around for a while longer until it was almost 4. We then drove home and Randy and I made chicken and macaroni dinner. After we ate the girls picked The Little Mermaid, aka my favorite Disney movie ever, to start the marathon with. And since I only do movie marathons on VHS we had the old previews to watch I decided we would talk about the ‘exciting news’ now.

    “Okay so girls, you remember how Aunt Roxy is getting married right?’ They both nodded, ‘Well I’m her maid of honor and she wanted to know if it was okay with me, your dad, and you two if you both were flower girls?” It took a minute to sink in but in moments they were both up and jumping around pleading with us to let them be it.

    “Now girls if you say yes, you will have to go with me and Roxy tomorrow to get dresses and you have to be on your best behavior from now until the wedding. Especially tomorrow since Randy can’t go with us to pick out dresses its going to be a surprise, per the bride.”