Chapter 56

I pulled out of the hug and took the two girls from Randy so he could change. The three of us walked over to catering to see mine and Randy’s friends. They saw Beth and Kelly and called them their aunties first. And after that each of the people on the roster walked over to see them and greet them. I stood back and watched the girls be the center of attention for a few minutes before I felt hands wrap around my waist. Randy’s chin sat on my shoulder as he spoke

“They sure do love being center of attention don’t they?”

“Yes they do, and when they become teenagers. That is going to bite us in the ass.” I said as I turned in his arms so I could look in his eyes. He leaned down and we kissed and before it got to far we could hear the girls making ‘Eww’ noises and the rest of the roster followed in their shoes. Randy and I both smiled into the kiss before breaking it and looking at the grown men and women follow the lead of two 5 year old girls.

Randy and I walked to meet our friends and our daughters. We stood and socialized for a few more minutes before the 4 of us yawned in exhaustion. We said goodbye to our friends and assured all of them that the girls would be at Raw tomorrow so they could see them again, before Randy and I carried our stuff and the girls to the car.

Randy drove us to the hotel and as soon as we got home we changed the girls into their pajamas and put them in bed. I then took a shower before climbing into bed and waiting for Randy to finish his shower before going to sleep.

He climbed into bed next to me and I couldn’t believe that not only was I in bed with the WWE Champion, but I was Diva’s Champion and we have 2 daughters.

Randy and I shared a small goodnight kiss before we fell asleep in the crowded bed. Who knew that two 5 year olds could take up a king bed for themselves?

On Monday, April 8th I woke up completely sore and I felt like the whole world population had taken turns hitting me. How Randy has done this for so long I will never know. Yet I rolled over through the pain and scarce room in the bed to see Randy sleeping soundly next to me. I manage to maneuver myself out of the bed without waking anybody up and because of that I think I deserve a gold medal. After my morning routine I woke each person up so we could meet our friends to get breakfast. It still hasn’t hit me, and I don’t think it will until tonight when I have to give a speech.

We had just reached the diner and sat down when the group along with my family, Randy’s parents, and Roxy and Carlos joined us. Individual conversations started as each decided what to eat and after orders were taken Roxy asked me a question that quieted the entire table.

“So how does it feel?”

“It isn’t real.” I said and the people around me laughed before returning to their conversations. I talked to Carlos and Roxy about my injury and about my speech tonight before the food showed up and after it did. Conversation was minimal. Randy and I each helped the girls cut their food while we ate our own. After breakfast the clock read 10 so as a big group we walked around Chicago before driving to Detroit which took almost 5 hours. By time we reached the city we checked into the hotel room and Randy and I left to go to the arena where Raw was tonight. On the board it said that I had to go out as the 3rd event to do my speech and then there was something special after that that wasn’t penciled in.

I kissed Randy and walked to the locker room where I got dressed in a black dress with a grey heel and scarf along with a few of the silver bangles that Kelly let me barrow. I walked back out of the locker room with the belt and I was surprised that when I looked at the board again that Randy didn’t have a match. Yet he walked out to meet me in a suit. I didn’t bother to ask him because he might have a backstage segment for all I know. I stood watching the show as the first and second events happened. I kissed Randy for good luck as I walked behind the curtain holding my title belt.

My music started and I walked out and flipped my hair just like always before holding my championship belt up. I was handed a microphone as I stood in the ring and waited for the crowd to get a little quieter. Yet every time they did and I tried to talk they just cheered more. Eventually they quieted down enough for me to speak

“Thank you everybody! This title is for you!” they cheered again and I smiled while waiting, “Now I’m sure you are all wondering why I am not in my ring gear and competing tonight. Well a week ago on Raw I sprained my ankle worse than we thought originally and because of yesterday and all I put it through and what I am wearing right now,’ I said gesturing to the 3 inch heels I was wearing, ‘I will be out for at least 3 weeks at most 5.” The crowed boo’d but I waited and continued. “However, you still get to see me because I will be taking over for Lawler since he is going on vacation with his family. But that isn’t the reason I asked to come out here. Earlier today one of my friends asked me, ‘how does it feel to be the Divas champion?’ well honestly it doesn’t seem real. I have the honor of coming out here every week and entertaining you and doing something I love. These last few months have been a roller coaster of emotion. It seems like yesterday that Randy Orton carried me backstage and that was the beginning of this story we see today. And I want to thank all of you, the company, and Randy for giving me this opportunity. I now have the title and the guy.”

At this time Randy’s music started and I looked towards the stage confused on why he was coming out. When Randy reached the ring he grabbed a microphone and handed me a red rose before we smiled at each other while waiting for the crowd to chant “Champ” a little softer so he could speak. I took the time to ask what he was doing and he just shook his head and lipped that it was a surprise.

Eventually Randy was able to speak and he smiled into the camera before actually talking

“Hey everyone, I’m glad you are here tonight for this special occasion,” I once again looked at him confused before Randy turned towards me and held my hand and continued to speak. I got more and more confused as he did so though.

“Kaity, I know we have been through a lot of rough patches in our relationship, to say the least. We started out with me still married and yet here we are 9 months later together, happy, and raising 2 girls together. Everything is almost perfect, and there is only one thing I could think that could make it better.”

Randy took a step away from me before getting down on one knee. I brought my hand away from his and put it to cover my mouth because my jaw dropped in shock. Randy dug into his jacket pocket and pulled out a ring box he opened it and held it out to show me. He brought the microphone up to his mouth one last time and spoke those magic words.

“Kaitlyn Marie Michaels, will you do the honor of being my wife?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is done, the next chapter is just my thank you so yea :)