Chapter 29

I awoke the next morning around 9 and after a quick shower and small breakfast I finally check my phone. There was 1 call from Randy, along with a voicemail and text; and 1 call and voicemail from Hunter. I checked the ones from Randy first and wasn’t surprised that the voicemail was that he made it in okay; the text was the same.

    I checked the voicemail from Hunter and all it said was to call when I got the message. I did just that and after 3 rings Hunter answered.

    “Hello Kaity I’m glad you called now I was about to start to worry you wouldn’t call.”

    “Yeah, sorry about that Hunter, So what did you want to talk to me about?”

    “Well you know how your job was shot down by Vince? Well we both agree we want you in the business so.’ he paused for dramatic effect and I asked

    “…So”

    “We would like to extend you a job as a diva / heel/ manager for Randy. You would start at Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber.”

    “Well, I would have to talk to everyone but yeah.” I was really apprehensive about the whole situation. I just told everyone a few nights ago that I would stay here with the girls I can’t back out now I have to go sign them up for school next Monday. I can’t take this job, but it would seem bad if I said no now. I’ll call back tomorrow morning around this time, yeah, that would work.

    “Yes I understand Kaity I just need to know before midnight tomorrow.”

    “Okay perfect thank you Hunter.”

    With that we hung up. I was drained but I knew I had to think and the only way to do that was dance. It was early on a Thursday but I knew someone would be there.

    I drove up and sure enough. I walked in to see my teacher standing around and playing on his phone. He looked up as the door shut and smiled before walking around the front desk and giving me a hug.

    “Wow never thought I’d see you again. How has things been going?” Jim asked

    “Long story.” I said trying to get off the subject

    “Well we got a long time before my first class why don’t we go get a coffee or something and talk it seems like forever since I’ve seen you.” I agreed and we drove to the local coffee shop. Jake my ex and the teacher assistant was working there and since they weren’t busy and his shift was almost over he brought us our drinks and sat down and talked. I told them about Audri and Randy and the job and the girls and the decisions and they just sat there and listened and when I was all done they finally spoke.

    Jim spoke first, “Well Kaity, you always seem to pick the choice that seems the best at the time. And even if it isn’t you make it work until you can change or counteract it. You have to do the same now. Do what is best for you and the girls and then Randy. If this relationship is going to work between you two it’s going to have to work on either a long distance between the 3 of you and him or the two pairs of you. You will figure it out later now we need to get back for class.” We stood up, paid and headed out and when we realized Jake didn’t have a ride over since Jim brought his bike he rode with me in my car.