Chapter 38

I got up early and went to the gym to work for a while alone since it is only 5am. I was on the treadmill and listening to Kenney Chesney’s song Come Over and thinking about everything when my phone went off and it was a notification from a wrestling news site that I used to live by. I read the headlines blankly until I read my name in the same sentence as Randy’s.

    “Mysterio out of title, former girlfriend of Orton and Current Royal Rumble winner Kaity has a new man?” I clicked on the link as I got off the machine and read it as I went upstairs to my room.

    “Former girlfriend of Randy Orton and the new Royal Rumble winner Diva Kaity was seen yesterday and days before spending an abundance of time with fellow WWE worker, Superstar Dolph Ziggler.” The article went on to a friend of the two of us telling them that we have been spending time together a lot and how the attraction between the two couldn’t be stronger. The article showed a picture of Nick and I at lunch and shopping together and a few others that I was to mad to look at. The article finished by stating that they could not reach Randy Orton, Kaity, or Dolph for a comment on the fact.

    I walked upstairs pissed off beyond belief and since it was already 730 I didn’t care that I woke the girls up by slamming the door. Thankfully they were already awake and drinking coffee so I didn’t wake them but I was still so mad. I showed them the article and they were also mad about it. Though Beth noticed the other pictures were of Nick and I right after I told him about Royal Rumble and he picked me up and then another from lunch.

    I was so mad I just changed and left to go drive around to clear my mind since I had 9 hours until I had to be at the stadium. I got a text from Hunter while I drove and he said I didn’t have a match tonight but I did have to address the crowd on my win. AJ would come out and make me mad and I could attack if I wanted if AJ didn’t first.

    With an okay sent back I continued to drive until I reached the outskirts of town and a little hole in the wall bar that had 1 car in the lot. I parked and walked in to find it empty as I suspected. I ordered a coke since I had to actually go out tonight, and if I started drinking now I wouldn’t stop until late tonight. I sat around, listened to music, and talked to the bartender for a few hours until the door opened.

    A few guys walked in and ordered some drinks before sitting down and talking. Slowly it filled up more and more and by 4 it was busy. I still sat in my same spot as people drank, sang, danced, and talked around me. Around 5 a few guys started coming up and hitting on me, I declined and after the 15th person I paid the bartender and left.

    I drove to the stadium that was filling up and went backstage where I got make up and hair done while listening to my music and still trying to forget the whole reason this day was ruined. When I was ready I went to find Beth, Kelly, John, and Nick.

    Thankfully they were all together standing near catering. I stood with them in a circle until John asked what I had been doing all day. When I brought up the article at the start of my day I had to show it to Nick and John who hadn’t seen it. They were both equally upset and Nick apologized profusely. I dismissed it and asked John if we could talk about that too tonight and with a yes I continued with my day.

    I told them about how I drove to a bar and everyone looked at me with dread that I had been drinking already and when I told them I only drank some soda you could hear a unison breath being released. I continued by telling them all about the crappy guys in this town and their pick up lines and then by that time it was time to check the board for matches.