Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning to two bodies jumping on my bed. One was my god daughter and one was my handsome boyfriend. I laughed as I got up and got ready for the day since they already were. We had everything packed, in the car, and we were checked out of the hotel, and at my aunt’s when I called Hunter. Kenzie was with my aunt Tina for the next few hours so Randy and I had sometime alone.

    After 2 rings Hunter answered.

    “Hey you two what’s going on? We had the most views in a month when you were on. How are you dealing with everything Kaity?” Hunter was speaking so fast you could tell he had been waiting for the call. We explained everything that went on and waited apprehensively for Hunter’s response.

    “Well, I understand what needs to happen and we are all here if you need anything. Also as for the two girls, I was wondering how far your Business Admin degree went. Stephanie and I were thinking about starting a school/ day care for the talent’s kids and we would need somebody to be in charge of managing it” Randy looked at me with hope that I would do it so we all could be with him. So I agreed to think about it. Hunter gave us both 3 months off to get everything to get settled. We hung up on a good note and still had an hour until everyone came back and we left for Vegas again.

    “Kaity what do you think about the job offer?” you could see the hope in Randy’s eyes and voice.

    “I don’t know, I mean it’s a great idea but do you think I could do it?”

    “If I didn’t believe in you and everything you do, I wouldn’t be here with you.”

    I reached up and kissed his cheek in understanding before grabbing his hand and going to sit by the small river that ran along the back of my aunt’s property.

    “Randy, do you think we are doing the best thing for the girls? And for us?” I was so scared it was evident in my voice

    “I don’t know Kaity. I think that for the girls it is best that they have someone to deal with their problems with. As for us, I have no clue. This strain is a lot for a new relationship.” Randy let out a breath and looked at the high sun. I sighed and brought my legs up to my chest and rested my chin on them. Then Randy continued, “But I’m willing to literally fight for this,’ he said as he pointed in between me and him, ‘I’m willing to take on the responsibility of the father and husband of 3 amazing girls; though I am no where close to being either.”

    I looked up at him and saw the sadness in his eyes; I lifted my hand to tilt his chin so he was looking at me before responding.

    “Babe, you are so close to being all of that and more.” I smiled up at him before continuing, ‘So we are going to take on these rolls and I’m going to take that job that Hunter told us about?’ and with his silent nod the next part of my life was decided for me.

    Randy wrapped his arm around me and I set my head on his shoulder. And as we sat there in silence waiting, I thought about everything. I asked for the guidance of my grandparents who had passed, and my best friend. I was going to need it, because as I looked up at Randy, I knew I had fallen hard for him already.

    Randy and I stood up as we hear 4 doors slam and McKenzie yelling for us, ‘Kaity Kaity! Look what I, Auntie and Uncle got you guys!’

    Kenzie handed me a bag and looked up at us with admiration in her little jumpy eyes. We opened the bag and pulled out the contents. Inside were two golden lockets one with my name on it, the other with Audri’s.

    I open the locket with Audri’s name to see a picture on each side and inscription on the back. On one side was a picture of us at 8th grade formal, the year after I met her, the other side a picture of me and her on our high school graduation day. The inscription was, “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali

    I open the locket with my name on it to see two empty spots and an inscription on the back. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland.

    My aunt Tina walked up and hugged me before answering my unasked question.

    “The two open spots is for your family pictures of the 4 of you, yes I know don’t ask me to divulge my tricks for I will have to kill you.” My aunt is so crazy but the best, “Now open the rest.”

    With that invite I pulled out a men’s ring box and handed it to Randy. He started to protest before my Aunt yelled and told him to open the damn box and say thank you.

    The ring was a simple gold band with the names: Britney, McKenzie, and Kaitlyn were engraved. He slipped it on his wedding finger and laughed when it was a perfect fit. He helped me put my necklaces on and we said goodbye before heading out to Vegas to get everything ready. Randy and I didn’t sleep the entire way back, either driving or thinking. We left Kenzie there with my Aunt so we could get everything ready

    “We will get in late Wednesday after a small nap get straight to work cleaning my house. We will spend Thursday and Friday getting Audri’s house ready for Roxy and Carlos and as storage. We will spend Saturday rearranging the rooms in my house. Sunday we would organize all the clothes and final touches before the girls arrived Monday.” I said planning out loud, Randy and I decided the girls will share a room while he and I stay in my room. The girls get the room that my parents had, and we will use the last room as a guest room/ play room/ office. We pulled up to my house since childhood and a single tear fell as I walked up hand in hand with Randy. We walked to my room and fell onto my small twin bed that I have had forever. This coming few days are going to be the death of me.

   We were both almost asleep, when I whispered in Randy’s ear, “Thank you for everything.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i know i haven't posted in a while D; sorry. And i know this isn't the best chapter, but the next one should be better, i'm going to try my hardest As usual, any suggestions, comments, concerns, questions, and criticism are all welcome :)