Chapter 34

When it was time a worker told us to stand by the curtain. Rosa and Primo went out first and then Cody when out. While I waited next I thought about what I did since I walked away from Randy. After I texted John and Cody and I talked about our match we just sat and talked and I texted John. Randy was really messed up for a while and then he just turned hurt and angry and desperate for me. Cody is a really sweet guy and if I still didn’t have a heart for Randy I’d definitely get to know him better.

    Everyone was already out and my music was getting ready to start so I fixed my hair and fixed the Cody Rhodes shirt I was wearing over my gear. My music started and with my head down I walked out. I kept it down until the chorus where I flipped my head and hair up smiled at the camera and the fireworks hit. I walked down the ramp and hit the fans hands and smiled as I made my way to the ring where I body rolled in.

    I slowly took the shirt off, kissed it and threw it into the crowd. Cody and Primo were going to start the match and thankfully Cody was winning. Primo tagged Rosa and we both had to get in. I grabbed her hair and threw her into the mat a few times before going for the cover and the win.

    Rosa rolled out and limped up the ramp with Primo in tow while Cody jumped in the ring to celebrate with me. We were jumping up and down and laughing until I heard Randy’s music start then I knew it was show time.

    We were still celebrating and right when Randy said my name into the microphone, Cody dipped me and we kissed. I grabbed his face and held him near just as Randy did to AJ and when we broke apart it wasn’t because we needed air. No it was because Randy was assaulting Cody.

    This wasn’t supposed to happen. Randy was just suppose to stand there shocked not run and attack. I didn’t know what to do and John wasn’t running out so I grabbed the dropped microphone and screamed Randy’s name over and over. He wasn’t paying attention and I was honestly getting scared. The referees weren’t helping at all since they didn’t want to get hurt and I knew I had to do something that could cause me much bodily harm. I pushed the referees out of the way until it was just me around Randy ho was hitting and kicking Cody.

    I pulled Randy’s shoulder so he would look at me and I could see the anger in his eyes. I left the microphone in my relaxed arm and spoke, “Randy this isn’t between you and Cody. This is between me and you, right here right now.”

    Randy grabbed the microphone out of my hand and responded roughly. “Kaity,’ I was prompted to talk and I called for a microphone. I was handed one and by that time Cody was out of harms way and I backed away from Randy and towards the ramp.

    “All I have to say about that kiss though is now you know how it feels to see the one you want with someone else. Sucks doesn’t it?” With a few tears falling from earlier and this I walked backwards never breaking eye contact with him until I turned into the curtain. Kelly was standing there and I fell into her arms. She held me for a while, so I could cry and then when I was composed I asked where Cody was.

    Turns out he has bruised ribs and a tear in his shoulder. He was awake and wrapped up in the medic office. When we went over and in to see him; I kept apologizing and he kept dismissing it saying ‘it comes with the job’. I will never understand men. Vince came in to see him while I was sitting and talking and we all talked.